cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nige53

My Now2 router won't connect via ftp

Today I had my Now 2 router installed and everything seemed to be working perfectly, up until I tried to upload my web pages to my webspace via Filezilla (an FTP software). It just wouldn't do it. It logged me into my webspace but then "Cannot connect to server". I have had a local 'techi' round to see if he could sort it for me but he was stumped. Anyone know if it's at Now end or is there something I need to configure within my router? (Also, when I reconnect to my Virgin hub - not switched off yet - Filezilla works perfectly). So that points to either the Now hub, or further up the chain. Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Nige53 

Have you gone into your NOW online account and changed the default age 13 setting under Broadband Buddy.

I use either 18 or off on my NOW online account under Settings > Broadband Buddy.

Or try adding the address to the allow custom box under Broadband Buddy.

Try the above first.

Nige53
Appreciate your help, but I'm in my account details and cannot see
'Broadband Buddy'. Can you point me in the right direction please? Much
appreciated.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Nige53 

See if you open this article link below and click on the green underlined Broadband Buddy Settings take you to the section on your NOW account.

It works for me if I am signed in when clicking on the link to the Buddy Settings.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-buddy-troubleshooting 

Nige53

Hi, Appreciate your help but, unfortunately, that has not helped. Still can't upload via Filezilla. Tried to phone NOW but their phone line cuts off when you try to choose 1, 2 or 3!