cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarge

Completely close my BT TV Now account

I have BT TV but cannot close my BTTV linked Now tv account, does anyone know how to do this please?

cheers Graham 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sarge 

You need to speak directly with BT for then to close the account.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sarge
I’ve tried BT they have said to speak to Now and Now say to speak with BT..a complete shambles!
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sarge 

Your account was with BT, it can only be them that can sort it out for you.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sarge
Thanks, I’ve given up for today BT are useless and Now don’t want to know
Officially given up
RoyB
Legend

@Sarge 

When BT did their deal with Now to resell it as part of their BT TV packages, they had to undertake to support those BT customers whi took Now as part of BT TV. With BT being a lot more than a simple reseller of Now, it’s simply not possible for Now to support BT TV customers, for both technical and commercial reasons.

And it’s quite wrong of BT to try to hand off customer problems with Now via BT TV back to Now; and while nobody expects BT to be able to support every Now query, the intended path is that BT should contact Now on the customer’s behalf, in the background, and get the solution that way.

Accordingly, if BT try to hand you off to Now, refuse, and ask to be escalated within BT - “I’d like to speak to your supervisor, please”.

But having said all that, Now is part of the core BT TV offering, and you will be paying for it whether you use it or not, so why do you want to close it? And I’m not even sure if you can close it, short of giving up BT TV altogether, which you can anyway only do after the end of the minimum contract period.

And presumably you don’t want to give up BT TV altogether?

However, while BT TV telephone support can be a bit clueless, the moderators on the online BT Community have a very good reputation for taking effective action, so I would suggest you post your problem on:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-TV/ct-p/BTVision

(never mind the long-dead BT Vision reference there)

and see if you can get more sense out of them as to whether it can be done at all, and if so, how.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.