cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisAndyDan
Mentor

Can't access Tesco website

I'm unable to access the Tesco site regardless of which PC or browser I use.
I've tried Chrome, Firefox & Edge. It's the same with two different laptops & a tower PC.
Resetting my router made no difference.
If I try with my phone; I can load the site using a 4G connection, but as soon as I connect to the Wi-Fi, the site no longer loads.

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ChrisAndyDan 

Perhaps go into your online NOW account and change the Broadband Buddy age setting or if that doesn't work add the Tesco website to the custom allow box in the Broadband Buddy section on your account.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ChrisAndyDan 

As mentioned by @schnapps

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Set-up-and-manage-Broadband-Buddy

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ChrisAndyDan
Mentor

Hi. It's not a broadband buddy setting. I don't use this - It's not turned on.
If I do turn it on, it says that I've not blocked any sites.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ChrisAndyDan 

If you haven't gone into the Broadband Buddy section before, then it's default setting is age 13 at default.

Maybe try going into Broadband Buddy again and try age 18 has a test for the Tesco website.

If that doesn't work maybe try something like Chrome in Incognito mode when attempting to access the Tesco website.

ChrisAndyDan
Mentor

Hi. Broadband Buddy & Chrome in Incognito mode make no difference.
I have now discovered that I can access the site when using a VPN.

ChrisAndyDan
Mentor

If I check my IP; It's blacklisted on dnsbl.spfbl.net & dnsbl.sorbs.net - I don't know if this has anything to do with it ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ChrisAndyDan 

Never used a VPN or had my IP address blacklisted, but perhaps if having Router IP address problems with your NOW Hub Router, then try unplugging the power to the NOW Router for around 30 minutes to let it automatically acquire a new IP address.

Apart from that perhaps get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team for further assistance and help.

ChrisAndyDan
Mentor

Powering off the router for 30mins gave me the same public IP as before. I've also found that I can't access the Argos website via my Now broadband. Tried calling but gave up after a 15min wait (after going through the somewhat frustrating automatic filtering system).

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ChrisAndyDan 

The wait times for NOW can be a long time from what I have seen on here. 

What about a factory reset to the router?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help