cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband gone down

Hello, I’m new to the community. 

Just after midnight my broadband stopped working and nothing would connect to the internet, but the 3 lights on the router where green. I tried the troubleshooter online and it just said that it couldn’t test and that I needed to ring at 8am. I have reset the router and now the middle light is orange. I am working from home and desperately need my WiFi. Can anyone help at all please? Xxx

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ring now.

As I work from home and did anyway, even before the pandemic, and do tech support 24/7, I have always needed a broadband supplier who is likewise available 24/7.

And NowTV broadband, as you have found, does not meet this criterion.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, dreadful support. If your broadbad is down, how can doing online checks help?

I'm connected through my phone hotspot so not using my line - so how can I check it.

With other providers, going through the FAQ and self-help usually gets you to an email address or a genuine chat bot that can help - but not here.

Thank god I'm in my last month of contract and moving away...

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Freudian slip, that ‘broadbad’, but I like it 😛

However, in fairness to NowTV, there is a number you can call for broadband help, and the easiest place to find it is under My Account/Broadband & calls/Moving Home. (It’s the same, and indeed only, number, even though you aren’t moving home).

I know the number, but can’t give it here, or scads of NowTV streaming service users will ring it with their problems, clogging up the lines, even though when they get through, they will be turned away disappointed. You’d think this would tell NowTV something about the need for phone support for this also, but no, apparently 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in the same situation, looks like Sky have had a network outage affecting Sky and NowTV broadband customers

Not had internet since about 2.30pm on Thursday myself