cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrWhite
Mentor

Amazon music playback issue.

Struggling with issues where my Amazon echo's have really poor playback with prime music, buffering and skipping tracks.

I have a ticket open with them but I'm wondering if it's an ISP issue and if anyone else is having the same?

An observation the Amazon shopping app is noticeably slower on WiFi than 4g.. maybe related?

All the normal checks done reset WiFi, router and all echo's.

Speed is fine 18 up and 50 down and prime video works fine same WiFi streaming 4k.

But I'm open to suggestions 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MrWhite 

I found this over on the Sky Community forum.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Amazon-Music-Buffering/td-p/4156254 

I don't own any Echo devices, but have no problems myself running Amazon Prime Music HD on either my Chromecast or Wiim mini music streamer using NOW Broadband with about 36 Mbps down and excellent wifi signal on the two devices.

Only things that I have done with my NOW Broadband Settings / Broadband account was the following:-

1. Split the two wifi bands.

2. Using the wifi Analyzer App on my Android tablet to find the least congested and best signal wifi channel.

3. Previously I was getting wifi dropouts randomly when using Spotify with Chromecast and disabling IPV6 resolved the issue for me.

4. I changed my Broadband Buddy setting to age 18, though I doubt this has any relevance here.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MrWhite 

I found this over on the Sky Community forum.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Amazon-Music-Buffering/td-p/4156254 

I don't own any Echo devices, but have no problems myself running Amazon Prime Music HD on either my Chromecast or Wiim mini music streamer using NOW Broadband with about 36 Mbps down and excellent wifi signal on the two devices.

Only things that I have done with my NOW Broadband Settings / Broadband account was the following:-

1. Split the two wifi bands.

2. Using the wifi Analyzer App on my Android tablet to find the least congested and best signal wifi channel.

3. Previously I was getting wifi dropouts randomly when using Spotify with Chromecast and disabling IPV6 resolved the issue for me.

4. I changed my Broadband Buddy setting to age 18, though I doubt this has any relevance here.

MrWhite
Mentor

Thanks @schnapps for the link that's exactly what I'm seeing. 

I've tried 3 and 4 (was already 18 so just turned it off) and will see if that improves things.

I have a mesh WiFi with limited control so I can't do 1 or 2.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MrWhite 

Can you temporarily take the Mesh system out of the equation and move one of the Echo's closer to  the NOW Hub Router ?

I not familiar with Echo devices or running a Mesh, but if anything is App driven perhaps try starting from fresh.

MrWhite
Mentor

Well fingers crossed, after disabling IP V6 and turning of broadband buddy. I've been able to listen to music uninterrupted for 2 hours. Since the issue started I've been unable to get through a track!

The Amazon app also seems to be back to normal.

I don't know which it was but thanks @schnapps for the suggestions. 

There must be something more to it as I have friends and family who are on now broadband and use echoes without issue. Maybe number of devices we are up to around 30!

But for now it seems I might have a solution. I will be back to let you know if it's fixed for good.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MrWhite 

Glad you managed to get the Amazon Prime Music working 👍.

30 devices is a lot when connected to the NOW Hub 2 Router.

MrWhite
Mentor

Well no dropouts since the two changes. I'm intrigued to know what sorted but don't want to risk breaking. So if anyone else ends up here...

Turn off IPv6 and Broadband Buddy! It worked for me. Thanks @schnapps