cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Db5
Mentor

Internet connection dropping on Disney plus

I have trouble with Disney + with the internet connection dropping during streaming. After discussions with Now, I have a brand new Hub 2 but the issue persists. I have carried out a number of adjustments.

so far, I have split the bands, I have options for wifi connection or Ethernet. My broadband is running at 80 thingumies (fast fibre). I have reduced playback to 1080. Disney have reset my account. I have deleted the app on my TV (LG on WEBOS). My tv software has been updated to the latest version. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I have spoken at some length to support at Disney and Now.

anyone have any clue what’s going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Db5 

Could be a bit extreme but what about a factory reset to the TV?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Db5 

What happens when you do reboots to both the TV and router?

Db5
Mentor
I have rebooted both on several occasions after various combinations. Today
I installed a brand new Now broadband router with brand new filter, cables
etc. I got halfway through Toy Story when it dropped out.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Db5 

Could be a bit extreme but what about a factory reset to the TV?

Db5
Mentor

Hi Gavs, I’ll give that ago tomorrow morning before the grandkids capture the tv. Thanks

Db5
Mentor

Hi Gav. It appears to have worked. It will take a few days to be sure but everything has been ok this afternoon.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Db5 

That’s great, a shame that sometimes doing a factory reset is needed to get things working again. Certainly something I remember having to do a fair number of times when I had a LG for the main TV, before I gave up and moved over to Sony.

Db5
Mentor

It was a curious one. We had had Disney working for months but my wife got it free for 3 months on her new phone contract. It worked well until she came out of the free period and began to pay. Resetting the TV was the only item I didn’t consider.