cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching Sports and Entertainment on two separate devices

I’ve paid for Entertainment Monthly and also tonight for Sports Day Pass so kids can watch football. Why can’t I watch Entertainment on a separate new device (Samsung TV)? Help!

11 REPLIES 11
RoyB
Legend

@nst 

The latter, illustrating the sort of situation Now would encounter if your suggestion were implemented, and the sort of message Now would have to put out (and what’s the betting that it wouldn’t be that informative?) 

At least, I presume that you wouldn’t expect the stream granted by the Cinema pass to be used by a second Entertainment watcher, if no-one was watching a movie?

I’m not against your idea at all; just pointing out that it would need careful implementation.

The other thing Now could do would be to let you use the browser on a phone or tablet to swap accounts on a device, the way that BBC iPlayer, and other Players, let you sign in.

Now already have that mechanism, but inexplicably reserve it for new customers, when it could greatly benefit existing customers as well, in both account swap and account logon situations; and Now implementing it would let you have an account for each pass and switch straightforwardly, a S(r)MOP.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@RoyB that is exactly how it should work.  So if my daughter is watching a movie, it doesn’t stop me watching entertainment.    I would also say sports, but I nearly always have boost with Sports for the 50fps live stream.