cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarbaraUK
Mentor

Pin number after each episode?

Can someone please advise me on why I have to put my pin number in before I can watch another episode of a series on my tv ?

Is there anyway to stop this ?

I live alone.

Many thanks

Barbara.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BarbaraUK 

I leave my Parental Pin switched off rather than 18 under Pins & Settings on my online NOW account.

If you are still getting the pin request message on the NOW box whilst watching on Demand Entertainment content then there might be a glitch on your NOW box.

Hopefully it won't happen again once you done the changes.

Anyway enjoy Game of Thrones which is a fantastic watch.

Haven't got around to watching House of the Dragon but will watch Season 1 before the new Season 2 starts in June.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BarbaraUK 

On your Parental Pin setting on your online NOW account have you set it to off or 18 and not one of the lesser age settings by mistake ?

More information in this NOW help article in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-viewing-pin 

Should you be watching live TV rather than on Demand then unfortunately once a live TV show or Movie starts that is not U rating it will ask for your Parental Pin (no way around it and it's an OFCOM mandatory requirement).

BarbaraUK
Mentor

@schnapps 

@schnappsHi again Sscnapps, Ive just set it to 18, and changd my pin 🤗 thank you.x

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BarbaraUK 

Forgot to say when watching live TV on NOW the parental pin will only be requested during the watershed period.

Also what devices are you using and does it happen on all of them or only a certain playback device constantly asks for a parental pin when watching every episode?

BarbaraUK
Mentor

@schnapps  Thank you so much for your reply, sorry if I sound a dumbo😋 I will have a search and see where the setting are...

I have a Now tv box, entertainment only...I am watching Game of Thrones at the moment, just seen the first episode, thats when I needed to put the pin number in again...😯  I neeed to change the pin number too, a shorter one...😉

I have not had Now long, so trying to get used to it.

So thankful for your help x

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BarbaraUK 

With regards to a pin number you have to use four digits unfortunately.

I use 1111 which is the least amount of button presses on the remote.

BarbaraUK
Mentor

@schnapps 

@schnappsthank you so much..I did reply once...cannot see where that went🙄 but I have changed it to 18, and changed my pin too....keeping fingers crossed..x😉

@schnapps 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BarbaraUK 

I leave my Parental Pin switched off rather than 18 under Pins & Settings on my online NOW account.

If you are still getting the pin request message on the NOW box whilst watching on Demand Entertainment content then there might be a glitch on your NOW box.

Hopefully it won't happen again once you done the changes.

Anyway enjoy Game of Thrones which is a fantastic watch.

Haven't got around to watching House of the Dragon but will watch Season 1 before the new Season 2 starts in June.

BarbaraUK
Mentor

Thank you so much for your advice on pin settings, and apolgies for my late reply...these messages went in my spam folder, and have just found them🙂 but I will go to setting now, and see how I can turn off Parental Pin, and also alter no to 1111...far easier...thank you so much.x

Unfortunately, I was unable to watch tv last night as I had unexpected visitors..hoping I can carry on watching Game of Thrones tonight...and after that..maybe in a few weeks time, or maybe lomger........I can go to House of the Dragon...again, thank you for that too...

Just going to pop off now to see if I can figure out Parental settings etc., 😋

Big hugs x

BarbaraUK
Mentor

Yeah !!!!  Age restrictions now OFF and 1111 pin 😃  just hope it works when I put on my TV tonight.😋

Again, thank you so much for your help

Barbara xx