cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Keeps Freezing

I have a Roku and am watching a film but then the film freezes and I get the spinning circles come up (which implies it is trying to buffer). I have waited, tried restarting the app and restarting the Roku but now I have a -130 error.

The thing is, I also get this when running the NowTV app on my Macbook Air. This implies it is a network fault and yet nothing else is affected. I have, on several occasions, switched to Netflix or Amazon afterwards with no evidence of a general network fault appearing within their streaming service.

Any ideas

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I believe Now is quite data intensive are you able to try connecting via 5Ghz WiFi or Ethernet?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry but considering that NowTV is restricted to 720P on a Roku and yet Amazon and Netflix achieve 1080P; so I cannot see how the NowTV app is more data intensive than these two?

Equally, it has been fine until recently. The fault appears on two different systems running two entirely different OSes and the only common ground is the delivery service (as long as the data is delivered in the same form, which I would assume would be the case). So, I can see your logic there, but not down to data quantity surely?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have a Roku and am watching a film but then the film freezes...

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... Which model of Roku device do you have?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is the 3500EU Roku stick, running 7.6.0, build 4125-09 (the latest I believe).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Perhaps try some of these suggestions for "How to fix problems with your Roku player".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-steps-for-the-Roku-player

Suppose there is no harm in trying.

Also, when you go into the Roku stick settings what WiFi signal strength are you getting ?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I say that because I used 100 plus GB of data a month watching Now evening and part of weekends.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelling my Now tv now totally fed up with buffering and freezing. Spoke to advisors done all they said .... not down loading etc no where near our virgin media hub 😞