cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badlywornroy
Mentor

Ethernet connection to NOWTV box

New User.

My Smart TV is already connected to the Net via ethernet cable and powerline adaptor.

Do I need a 2nd ethernet cable connected from the powerline adaptor into my NOWTV box or will the HDMI connection from Box to TV do the job ?

N.B Do not want to use Wi-Fi

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@badlywornroy

Welcome to the forum.

Your NOW TV box needs an Internet connection to work so if you don't want to use wifi you will need an Ethernet connection to the box.

PS I'm assuming it's a black NOW TV box you have, the older white boxes are wifi only.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have used Now TV before on my TV but sometime ago. Now I get Error message saying no ethernet connection, I have had new Virgin box fitted, perhaps a connection has been misplaced. Where should the ethernet cable be cnonected the TV or Virgin Box?

Tony Arkell

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using an LG or Samsung smart TV with the inbuilt NowTV App and if so you would need to connect an Ethernet cable between your hub router and the Ethernet port (if applicable) on your TV.

If you are using an external playback device such as a nowtv box, then connect the Ethernet cable between the nowtv box and your router

Should you be using a nowtv box and it is not working over Ethernet on your Virgin hub, then maybe have a read of this linked thread which might give you some pointers on things you can try to get the nowtv box working.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Internet-Connection/td-p/454826/page/4

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks