cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've got the same. I'm new to now tv from yesterday but it was working fine last night!!?? Please help 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did get error code 2, about thirty mins ago. 

I CANNOT NOW USE NOW TV AT ALL. WHY. USER NAME AND PASSWORD NOT RECONISED. 

So P.......D off at this issue. 

Time it was fixed. 

At the end of my passes I am going to cancel them. A waste of money as I cannot get on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just had a long and very unproductive talk with nowtv customer service about error code 2 and how my LG tv and other devices don’t seem to be able to get past It.

Basically no one knows why this is occurring and after telling the representative that I have done everything from resting the boxes and relaunching the app, she could not tell me definitively why there is an error code 2. I took from the conversation that nowtv have know idea what’s going on and lay the blame on LG, even though my other tv is not LG!!!

I then decided to take it up with LG, they were great, we went through the whole set up of my brand new smart tv we relaunched apps, reset factory settings and had a long chat about all the other apps that work perfectly on my brand new tv and we have come to the conclusion that the fault is with nowtv and they have no idea how to fix it!!! 

I am beyond frustrated with nowtv, how can they run a service but not know why it’s going wrong? I have even contacted the shop where I bought the tv and they have agreed to give me a brand new LG tv,  (being delivered tomorrow) I’m reluctant to launch the app in case it messes up, I have even changed my broadband supplier because I was advised that my signal strength might be an issue!

I signed up to nowtv as I wanted to get the sky channels without the huge monthly bill, in principle it’s a great idea, in reality it has cost me time,a lot of money and a lot of frustration.

What I want out of all this is for someone to explain in detail error code 2 and how it to fix it so all of the people who are frustrated by this can get on and watch tv!!

Over to you nowtv, please answer the question and rectify it.😱😡😡😱😡😱

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree with everything you have said Goldencate, Nowtv have just been churning out the same answer for as long as this thread has been running.  I'm beginning to think my best option is to watch my programs via Chromecast!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like I am in the same boat. After watching 10 episodes of a show (Haven) I can not get past the something is not right - error code 2. Every other app on the LG tv works perfectly including Amazon.  This is poor service.  Tried the usual stuff rebooting the router etc. I get a few mins of the show and then up pops the message.

if any moderator is watching they can perhaps advise me about a full refund on the 3 month pass I have just purchased. Off to Amazon now to watch a show from a provider that comes up with the goods.  Perhaps this problem is to "encourage" people to try Sky instead - it ain't gonna happen with me !

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?
  • What's your LG 'smart' televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?
  • Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mine is exactly the same on our LG tv. It seemed to be working fine earlier today but as we just go to put West World on it states error 2. Hughly frustrating!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am an existing Now TV customer. Basically purchased an LG smart TV in November. No issues until about 4pm today. TV model number LG 43UH661V. 

ERROR CODE 2.

Then I got the do you want to subscribe offer for NOW TV, ususlly for new customers.

It asked me for my password and user name.

Did not know these.

Now it is saying a message New to nowtv? Join us at now tv.com/lg

I am not a new customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For the record, BBC I player is playing. As I am now watching Dr Who. 

This seems to be a Now TV issue? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For the record NETFLIX APP still works on my tv. Strange Now Tv does not. 

So p........d off with this one today.