cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add Now TV to Roku 2 XD

Hi,

I have a Roku 2 XD. How can I install Now TV on it? I made a search but didn't find Now TV as an available channel.  

Thanks,

Renan

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @commanda6,
isnt the OS that runs on Roku 2 XD the same that runs on Roku LD?

Renan

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @commanda6 @Anonymous User

Hi Renan

You asked, "Isn't the OS that runs on Roku 2 XD the same that runs on Roku LD?".

Again, another rough and ready research showed that any Roku device not running OS7.0 (and above) is not considered current, which means it's not supported and may not work with any modern channels/apps. 

I'm guessing that your Roku 2 XD has not had it's OS updated for a very long time, i.e. pre-2012/13, and as such is unlikely to work with any app created/updated after 2014/15.

To tell you the truth, I'm surprised you can get Netflix and Plex to still run on your machine that's unless you are still using apps which are several years old.

As a side issue, I personally do not believe in updating computer-type hardware for updating sake because I would rather hold on to something that worked, and continued to be useful, rather than ditching it to get something more modern.  

So may I suggest, rather than buying an expensive Roku 2 or 3 you could buy a Now TV black box, which you can get for between £15 - £20, as a cheap alternative and so keeping your current Roku Box while getting the extra facilities you want.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ukbobboy,

My Roku 2 XD is running OS 7.2.0 - build 4100-02. So I guess it is updated.

Renan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you need your box to be configured for the UK market, this includes have a UK roku account attached to it. Only then will you see the apps available in the UK store. Also whilst doing this will get the iPlayer to appear, unless the box has been tested by the BBC (and they only test kit sold in the UK) that will fail to play.