cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add Now TV to Roku 2 XD

Hi,

I have a Roku 2 XD. How can I install Now TV on it? I made a search but didn't find Now TV as an available channel.  

Thanks,

Renan

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Checking the supported devices page, its only available on the following Roku boxes: 

Roku: LT (Purple), XS & 3 (Black)

Darren

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

where did you find the compatible devices page since http://www.nowtv.com/devices/roku does not say anything?

Thanks,

Renan

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

where did you find the compatible devices page since http://www.nowtv.com/devices/roku does not say anything?

Thanks,

Renan

Hi @Anonymous User

The link is in @Anonymous User post click where it says supported devices on their post above.

That being said, to my knowledge NowTV now works on any Roku model which is officially sold in the UK and having looked up the XD which is what you have. I'm not sure that was officially sold in the UK, but I could be wrong. How did you acquire your Roku?

If it was from Amazon. What it actually sold by Amazon or another seller?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @commanda6,

I bought my Roku 2 XD in USA some years ago.

Is it impossible to install NowTV on it?

Thanks,

Renan

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @commanda6,

I bought my Roku 2 XD in USA some years ago.

Is it impossible to install NowTV on it?

Thanks,

Renan

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately, no. I don't think it will be possible to get NowTV on that particular Roku model as I don't believe that particular model was ever sold in the UK. Smiley Sad But if I'm wrong, somebody from NowTV will reply.

It looks as if the particular model you have actually predates NowTV itself by roughly 12 months. I believe the first Roku model to be sold in the UK was actually the Roku LT , which officially became available in the UK in 2012. 

I'm sorry I haven't been able to help you muchSmiley Sad

NowTV would however work on one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-3-HD-Streaming-Player/dp/B00E37LZVY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476383179&sr=8-1&keywords=roku+3

If you don't want access to the other subscription streaming services as well. You could use, a nowTV box

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi C6

I did a bit of "rough and ready" research after reading this thread, and especially after reading your reply, and found out that the Roku 2 XD is no longer a supported device in the US.  For example, if you do a search on Roku 2 XD all that comes up is Amazon US, and only as an older device and Roku seems not to have a support page on their web-site for it.  Not only that, pictures of the device show that it has an older design, i.e. Roku LT/Now TV white box.

The only query I have now is this, @Anonymous User where did you buy or get the Roku 2 XD from?

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ukbobboy,

I bought it some years ago in US. I use it mainly for Netflix and Plex. When I found out about NowTV I became interested to give it a try.

Renan

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy

@Anonymous User said he brought it from the US some years ago. But when I did my rough and ready research. I couldn't find any suggestion that the XD had ever been officially sold in the UK. So that put a damper on NowTV working on that model straightaway.

NowTV currently works on any Roku model which has been officially sold in the UK A bit of support is still provided for the LT. I believe certainly in the UK anyway. Although it's not sold any more. Although given the now significant hardware limitations of the LT one might question how much longer it's going to receive support from Roku

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy , it would seem @Anonymous User answered your question, just as I was writing my replySmiley Happy