cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR 288 (SHARED IP BLOCKED)

Hi

After two weeks of emails and live chat with NOWTV and Sky I am in the precarious situation where I am unable to access any of the content I am paying for with both NowTV and Sky Go.

Long story short, even access to this forum login is barred when using any device (Computer, Console, Phone) when connected to my Apartment's Internet - which is a studio flat, with the same Local ISP serving upwards of 400+ Flats across 4 different Buildings.

It appears that the Static IP address, which is the same for all users in these buildings, (

217.149.97.210) has been blacklisted/banned by NowTV & Sky, and as such any user on our network attempting to access anything at all related to Sky Logins or NowTV is prohibited. 

As you might imagine this is incredibly frustrating  - nowtv and sky go have worked absolutely fine for the past three years at this address but over the past two weeks I have been met with ERORR 288 SKY ID blockage on Sky's Website and "Sorry Please Try again Later" messages on every NOWTV device (Computer, xbox, ps4) - you name it, it won't work. But when switched to say my portable 4g hotspot, all is well again - revealing the specific IP is blocked.

I have talked to our private ISP (which is forced upon us, they have the contract with the letting agents for the whole set of flats) - and they say they are not blocking any ports or addresses relating to NOWTV and as such it has to be on your side, which again reaffirms what NowTV tech support on live chat have said.

So I am at a loss of now paying for a service I have absolutely no chance of accessing. I was told by a live chat advisor that "... I can definitely relate to you about the the error .

.But we afraid to inform you that in the shared internet the sites will be blocked"

This is unacceptable and even though I have put through a complaint (CASE ID04588221) nothing seems to be changing.

Please can a NOWTV representative look into this matter urgently.

Kind regards,

Rob 

0 REPLIES 0