cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Downloaded update but still comes up with the update page when I try and watch something.

Hi all,

Just spent an hour trying to fix this problem. When I try to watch a film it comes up saying there is an update available and I need to download it in order to keep watching. I've done the install manually and through the 'Download & Install' button. The manual seems to work and install but when I try to watch the film again it just brings up the update screen again. When I do it through the 'Download & Install' button I get error code p2003. Been through the help article and done whats suggested to fix it twice and reinstalled the player, but again the update page when I try and watch. Im running the player on Windows 7. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help is gratefully appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problem. The update brings up an error message and uninstalling the player and re-installing just brings up the update page again.

Last time this happened it worked the next day, but it seems like the updates don't work properly when they're first released.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem, driving me mad now. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tony-D if you're around are you able to look into the above, see what the cause might be?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got exactly the same problem operating Windows 7. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about half a dozen times and still get the "Download the updated player" blurb everytime I try to watch something. You'd think that they'd test these things before they inflict themon the paying public to make sure that they work first time! It doesn't seem to be recognising the fact that I've installed it. I wonder how long it will take before they realise it doesn't work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you find a solution ? I've had this before but can't remember what I did last time or if it just went away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not fixed as of 22/04/19. I have been driven mad over the past two days. It's either a loop of download updated version or 'something went wrong... will quit. Mine was only a 7 day trial so I cancelled it. Life is too short to install/uninstall apps. Sorry no help here!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried this 3 times:

Seeing error p20003?

Follow these steps if you're getting the error p20003:

1. Open Add or Remove Programs (Windows 7) or Programs & Features (Windows 8, Windows 10) via the Start menu.
  2. Find the NOW TV Player and Cisco VideoGuard applications, and select Uninstall on each.
  3. Open the File Explorer application via the Start menu.
  4. In the search field at the top of the window, enter %appdata%\NOW TV, and hit enter.
  5. Right-click on the NOW TV Player folder and select Delete.
  6. Sign in to the NOW TV website.
  7. Clear the cookies from your browsing history (if you don’t want to clear all cookies, then find the nowtvPlayerInstalled cookie and delete it).
  8. Find a show or movie to watch, select play, and download and install the NOW TV Player application.

Didn't work 

I declare NOW TV player not fit for purpose.  Looks like sloppy programming.  If you have to do all this crap to make it work the install program should do it for you. And what's more it doesn't even work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Day 2 trying to downlad this and still not working. Removed and reinstalled countless times. Everytime they do an update I have this problem. 

Now Tv - Please can we have a link that actually works please. As the remove and reinstall page on your help secton is out of date. Thanks in advance