cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV - Apple login forbidden (1610)

Not able to login to Now TV on Apple TV.

Don't have the same problem on other devices.

Error = "Login failed - Apple login forbidden (1610)"

Steps taken to fix so far, without success:

- Restart device

- Reinstall the app

- Factory reset of device

Any ideas?

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here with my AppleTV Box.  Plenty of reports of problems but absolutely nothing online to say how to resolve the issue.  Is there a number I can call ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just curious, did your problem occur after you used another, different login ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My wife logged into her account, all fine. Logged back out to go into my account and I’m getting this same error message. Tried all the suggestions on this thread and it’s still not working. Tried:

1. deleting app, reinstalling it. 
2. deleting app, restart Apple TV, reinstalling it. 

3. Logged into my account on my laptop, changed email alias, deleted app, restarted Apple TV

4. logged into the app on my iPhone (which works as does the laptop, only Apple TV doesn’t accept the login). 
5. Messaged @Nowtvhelp on Twitter, no response. 
6. Deleted old devices on the list

When you pay a premium fee for a premium service it is very frustrating and disappointing to find there is no help, or easy to access help from the support team at NowTv. And now I’m going to miss the live program I paid to watch and this is the only service in the U.K. that I can get it on. What else can one do?!!!  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having spent days getting nowhere with Sky support, doing everything suggested in this forum from deleting the app, the storage settings extra. Every time even though it’s been deleted when I go to the login screen it still has my wife’s Entertainment Pass listed. So as one last go I tried login by into my wife’s account! BINGO! I then logged out again, no Entertainment Pass, and I could sign into my account!!! That only took two weeks to do. Hope it helps someone else.