cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not really an important but I'm curious why there are two BBC iPlayer apps. The first simply titled 'bbc iplayer' is the default one installed on the box and works fine. The second one is titled 'bbc iplayer - nowtv box' and does nothing when opened but display the bbc iPlayer logo.

As I said I'm just curious what the purpose of the second one is and it seems the one labelled nowtv box doesn't actually work on a nowtv box haha.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Theres more than 1 NowTV box...

Likely the Legacy white Box app...

Which roku has mistakenly allowed the Store to show to Black box users and not just White box users.... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a white and a black box and it is the same on both, two apps 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have BBC News Channel streaming through our NTB and every 2-3 hours it will stop and return to the iPlayer menu page to choose a programme to watch, any ideas as the TV is in a customer waiting area and becoming frustrating!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

In the BBC IPlayer settings is the Auto Play enabled, also if you are watching just the news channel, why don't you leave it in the live option mode.

Never watched BBC IPlayer for more than an hour at a time so i am not sure if the above suggestion would work or not.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately BBC have set a 3 hour time limit for watching live streams in their apps. After this time the live stream stops and you will have to restart it manually. There is no setting to change this I'm afraid.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to set Iplayer to receive regional news. I select BBC one but as soon as national news finishes I get red screen telling me regional is not available in HD. I thought it wasn't on HD setting. I have standard quality set up, 

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Hopefully this link below should answer your question and also how to resolve it, by going to settings and change your region.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/live_bbc_one_hd

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Please confirm... What's the make and model number of the device you're using to view the NOW TV service?

Cheers

BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User Assuming you're watching via a NOW TV Box or Smart Box.

Scroll across the top menu bar on iPlayer to * Settings.

Then go to Change Location and Select Your Location, it'll give you a list of regions, select the correct one.  Go back and then try BBC One during a local news programme and you should get the correct bulletin.

If you have a NOW TV Smart Box, you can also watch your local news on Freeview, but the very first version of BBC One, not BBC One HD which in England doesn't show local news.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.