cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, I meant schnapps, not schapps!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any reason why another version of BBC iplayer app has appeared in the store under News....

I've already have one pre-installed, but there is another that exists.

If installed, you have two on your menu, however the later one (Ver 1.0 ? which is lower than pre-installed) doesn't work !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Already reported and being looked into 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since this morning my BBC iPlayer no longer loads.. any ideas? I reset factory settings, updated the software - presumably this only relates to the box software, not 3rd party software/apps. I have a black box with no software store on it...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any advice, as the black box is close to leaving via the window...

it can take two mins from pressing a button until anything happens, and of course by the time you have pressed the button 30 times because nothing as happened you end up waisting the next 15 minutes and you can only watch one program, if you try to watch a second without first going back to the main screen the iplayer freezes 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, @Anonymous User

Its always frustration to wait longer than necessary. Firstly, please run a speed test - you can click here to do this. If your connection speed is below 3.0Mbps, then content is not being delivered to the hardware fast enough to load efficiently. If your connection speed is above the minimum recommendation, then not to worry, we can try performing the following steps to perform a hard reset to your NOW TV Box, which should get things flowing;

1. Press a pin in the RESET hole (shown below) and hold down for 30 seconds.
  2. Set-up the box again

User-added image

If this doesn't resolve your issue, there could be underlying causes with the hardware, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, its best to perform the above before making judgements on the condition of your NOW TV Box.

Please let me know how the outcome of the above attempts to resolve the problem - please address my forum username with a @Osculogic in order to let me know you've responded to my answer. 

Thanks!

Osculogic

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

thanks for the quick response, and apologies for taking so long to reply.

I new my connection speeds should have been fine (75mb infinity) and it was only happening on the iplayer. However the hard reset and re install worked a treat.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Regards

John

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, @Anonymous User

No problem, John. Feel free to reach out to the NOW TV Community whenever you please.

Thanks!

Osculogic

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience.

BBC was having some technical issues with the iPlayer.

You can get more info here: http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/connected/nowtv/iplayer_tv_jan_2016

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team