cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iaintray
Advocate

no contract monthly broadband

I  am looking for a no contact monthly broadband deal with "NOW" or anyone

My existing contract with Plusnet is coming to an end in Nov 23 and they don't do a monthly broadband contract

Do now do a no contract broadband deal that we could leave anytime

We are selling up and moving abroad in 2024,  that's why we don't want to renew a contact for longer term

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @iaintray 

NOW does offer an option for a no contract monthly Broadband when ordering online (more information in one of the FAQ on this linked article below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-broadband 

With the no contract Broadband there is a £60 activation fee involved and a £5 fee for delivery of the NOW Hub Router.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @iaintray 

NOW does offer an option for a no contract monthly Broadband when ordering online (more information in one of the FAQ on this linked article below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-broadband 

With the no contract Broadband there is a £60 activation fee involved and a £5 fee for delivery of the NOW Hub Router.

iaintray
Advocate

Thank you 🙂

I will look into it closer to when my contract ends in nov 23

🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @iaintray 

Hopefully in your post code area you are still able to switch to another ISP that offers FTTC and not governed by FTTP which NOW Broadband doesn't currently offer.

If you can switch to NOW Broadband, then if it's a straight forward switch over, it usually takes 14 days from date of order placed.

iaintray
Advocate
Thank you for your reply
I will do my home work but I have checked I am covered in my post code for Now broadband but I'm not sure about the FTTC
You say Now doesn't provide FTTC broadband as yet

I am with Plusnet atm on Estimated download speed: 64 - 72Mbps and my contract finishes in Now 23 but I don't want to renew on a long contract as we are moving abroad in the new year 2024

But I see its only now who do a monthly broadband with no contract so we can leave whenever we wish to?

Many thanks
Iain

redchiz1
Champion 2

Now only offer FTTC. I guess what @schnapps was alluding to is that this can be hard to come by if Openreach have determined you are in a stop-sell area: i.e. only FTTP is available going forwards, so a NOW FTTC service would not be an option. 

chilli2
Elite

Your contract with Plusnet is what is technically called a minimum term period , almost All ISPs will have this minimum term upon sign up .

When this minimum term contract ends with Plusnet you should go onto a rolling 1 month cancel/leave anytime deal however this will more than likely be at a much higher monthly price - you should get an email soon with details about this from plusnet - keep an eye out for it, and ensure the address they have for you is correct and up to date..

The higher price for out of minimum term period ( contract) is also common across almost all ISPs  - there are a few alternatives without this, but the overall monthly price is higher , and the email message or even awareness of the price hike at the end of the minimum term period is often missed see this forum for posts on my bill has doubled/increased for  proof of this.

Your options are:

Do nothing - you should go onto a 1 month rolling deal at a much higher price, this may be "worth it" only if you need it to last a couple of  months

Move ( not cancel) to an ISP with short term deals - you sign up with the new ISP and they handle the move, that is if FTTC is still available in your area as some are now full fibre (FTTP) only

The do not cancel with plusnet ( or any other ISP) is important if you can move to another ISP that uses openreach ( formerly BT) cables/wires and also has a short term contract.

Sign up with a mobile phone based service, Three have a home broadband deal for £27/month 1 month minimum term plus £40 set up/router cost https://www.three.co.uk/broadband you will be able to cancel your plusnet service and move to this , if you want to keep your landline phone number you can port it to a VOIP provider and use an adaptor or an app and take the number anywhere