cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband

Hi All

I have the Now TV dongle with the entertainment pass. I’m moving in with my sister for a few months and she is looking at coming away from sky internet. Is it worth joining up to Now TV broadband as I have TV with them 

help.....

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

I think there are no special advantages to NowTV broadband, just because you use NowTV, except that you get a 6 month’s Entertainment Pass thrown in; that’s worth £30 to an existing  NowTV Entertainment subscriber.

Beyond that, you should use something like this to choose the best broadband package for you and your sister - and mainly your sister, as she will be left with about 15 months of it after you move on.

That may well turn out to be clearly NowTV broadband or clearly not; and if it is close to other packages, you might want to choose it anyway.

Or you might even find that Sky is competitive, in which case why not stay with them; especially, if your sister is out of contract with them, if she talks to them about leaving, when they are likely to make her an attractive offer to stay a bit longer. And she needn’t be locked in for another year on a deal that suits you both, if you are gone and her broadband requirements differ from yours.

I’m very restricted by where I live as to what ISPs I can use; last time I looked it was only BT (who own Openreach, so what a surprise) and PlusNet (who are owned by BT, so what another surprise).

But as your sister has Sky Broadband now, she will likely have a very wide choice of ISP.

A couple of points about NowTV Broadband, though, which I don’t know if they will come up on comparison sites or not:-

(i) their router only has two ports for wired internet. This might not matter to you in a world where most things are WiFi, and may be the case anyway with your sister’s existing Sky router, unless it is an older model. I use, and need, all four ports on my router. But if this also matters to you, a £15 Ethernet switch from Curry’s will provide the extra ports just fine.

(ii) I saw a posting on here suggesting that a user with a problem late at night could not get a response from the NowTV broadband number until the next morning. So it may be worth checking the hours they keep; 24/7 is the ideal, but if they cover less than that, you will need to decide if they cover enough hours for you.

Good hunting!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like there's currently no activation fee, no router delivery fee and free anytime calls to UK landlines on offer to new customers taking NOW Broadband. Found this out at this review site I heard about on BBC Radio 2 recently https://broadbandinternetuk.com/broadband-provider-reviews/now-tv-combo-review.php