cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

they are turning off my device

hi i have a message showing on my now tv box saying they are turning off my box on the 6th due to not being able to put updates on it ive had the box for 7 years and had no problems till now not sure how to solve it advice please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV white boxes will not operate after the 6th of October 2020.

My understanding NowTV are offering a free Stick to customers who use the old white box has their main primary NowTV streaming device.

Should the white box be your secondary streaming device with less usage, then NowTV will offer you a Stick at a discounted rate.

The free Stick or discounted price is for one Stick only from what i have read, so don't expect multiple free or cheap sticks when you contact NowTV.

NowTV can see from their database the individual usage hours of each device when using their service across all your registered devices on your account.

Maybe get in touch with Live Chat to see if they will be generous and give you a Stick for free rather than a discounted price if you give them the reasons why you believe you are entitled to a free Stick like some customers rather than a Stick at a discounted reduced price.

Use this link page below to find the green chat button to click on.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV white boxes will not operate after the 6th of October 2020.

My understanding NowTV are offering a free Stick to customers who use the old white box has their main primary NowTV streaming device.

Should the white box be your secondary streaming device with less usage, then NowTV will offer you a Stick at a discounted rate.

The free Stick or discounted price is for one Stick only from what i have read, so don't expect multiple free or cheap sticks when you contact NowTV.

NowTV can see from their database the individual usage hours of each device when using their service across all your registered devices on your account.

Maybe get in touch with Live Chat to see if they will be generous and give you a Stick for free rather than a discounted price if you give them the reasons why you believe you are entitled to a free Stick like some customers rather than a Stick at a discounted reduced price.

Use this link page below to find the green chat button to click on.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint