cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

USB/SD DISABLED NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

Heard about the new box on several internet sites and mentioning new USB features, went to Now TV yesterday and they have spec listing as follows so thought I'd upgrade my white box

USB media formats:
Video: MP4 (H.264), MKV (H.264)
Audio: AAC, MP3
Image: JPG, PNG
Remote:
Infra Red
Compatible with various universal remotes
Ports:
HDMI (cable included), Ethernet, microSD card slot, USB

NOWHERE does it say that that this hardware is disabled unless you scroll through the help section which given the simplicity of set-up owning one already I saw no reason to do:

Micro SD & USB

You’re currently unable to connect the NOW TV Box to a Micro SD card, or other expandable media storage devices.

It might be subsidised pricewise expected that given it's closed channel list compared to a standard Roku but the lack of openess regarding this is pretty poor!

177 REPLIES 177
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6

Naw, not really.  I'm saying you are honest but     

Right now, I'm bopping to some upbeat sounds, remixes and what not. 

Be happy.

UK Bob

PS. Remember Donna Summers.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@ukbobboy , so you're saying we are as cold as ice Smiley LOL 

@ukbobboy I was actually thinking of a song when I said that Smiley Happy

"You're as cold as ice willing to sacrifice" or something like that if I'm thinking of the correct song that is.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6

C6, I think I know the song your thinking of but can't remember the title at the moment, I'm still listening to some old disco tunes (while typing this and doing the washing - how's that for male multi-tasking Smiley Happy).

Now "Milli Vanilli".

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

"Cold as Ice" was sung by the rock band "Foreigner" back in the eighties if my memory serves me right.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

"Cold as Ice" was sung by the rock band "Foreigner" back in the eighties if my memory serves me right.

Yep, I do believe that's the one I'm thinking out Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @schnapps

No complaints from me, I'm just "Searching" .      

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @schnapps

Here's the song title and band I was listening to:-

This you know  by            

Clue, an 8 minute disco tune.

Have fun.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@commanda6 @schnapps

Here's the song title and band I was listening to:-

This you know  by            

Clue, an 8 minute disco tune.

Have fun.

UK Bob

UK Bob,

Haven't got a clue, the only thing i can think of is "money, money, money" by Abba, but this is not a disco track lasting 8 minutes.

Come on spill the beans and put me out of my misery

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Well S, as I said in a previous post:

=  Song title "Searching"  and, the following icon is a little more difficult but,

= Change, so  the name of the band is (or was) "Change", a dance band from the 80s.

The single version of this song actually got into the BBC pop charts. 

Anyway S, just for a bit of fun Smiley Happy.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@schnapps wrote:

Yep, I do believe that's the one I'm thinking out Smiley Happy

woops I mean thinking of. my software strikes again Smiley Sad