cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

USB/SD DISABLED NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

Heard about the new box on several internet sites and mentioning new USB features, went to Now TV yesterday and they have spec listing as follows so thought I'd upgrade my white box

USB media formats:
Video: MP4 (H.264), MKV (H.264)
Audio: AAC, MP3
Image: JPG, PNG
Remote:
Infra Red
Compatible with various universal remotes
Ports:
HDMI (cable included), Ethernet, microSD card slot, USB

NOWHERE does it say that that this hardware is disabled unless you scroll through the help section which given the simplicity of set-up owning one already I saw no reason to do:

Micro SD & USB

You’re currently unable to connect the NOW TV Box to a Micro SD card, or other expandable media storage devices.

It might be subsidised pricewise expected that given it's closed channel list compared to a standard Roku but the lack of openess regarding this is pretty poor!

177 REPLIES 177
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ensure you are putting the IP address in the address bar and not the search engine bar

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I did all the steps to go to the developer's mode, I reached there, I read the terms and conditions but in stage it did not show me an option for password and the box rebooted. Now the ip adress does not work.

Do I miss something?

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi Forum Members

I have come to this thread/discussion late and so I probably do not have the full facts of what is going on and/or if a workable solution has been put forward.

However, I am going to throw the following into the mix:

1) If you want to sideload Plex onto the Now TV black box then watch this YouTube video, it is the best I have seen so far on how to sideload Plex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHCafwpQmdE

2) In my experience, whether you can sideload Plex or not is dependant on what browser you use, some browsers just don't work, the one that has worked for me is Firefox, in particular version 29 but the latest version (i.e. 43x) may also work.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User just do it again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you Artesea.

I reseted my Now tv box to factory hunting a couple of times and I followed
the same steps. Now there is no step with ip, password and just reboots
after the reset😢
Anonymous User
Not applicable

IMG_0006.JPGIMG_0007.JPG

Hi Guys

Hoping some one will advise i have try sideloading plex on to my Now TV box followed the commands of  HOME BUTTON 3X, UP KEY 2X, RIGHT KEY ,LEFT KEY, RIGHT KEY LEFT KEY , RIGHT KEY. and all i get is the channel store screen i have also rebooted box by hard reboot and soft reboot but still no joy

are my commands correct cos i have watched two video's and download the instructions from a web site with the commands,

I am right in think the HOME BUTTON ON THE REMOTE IS THE THE ONE WITH A ICON OF A HOUSE ON IT IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER

hope some one can help

SIMON DODGSON

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I am totally lost at what to do next on how to get Plex on to my Now TV Box i have try'ed everthing and it will not go to the Dev Page

instead it just goes to channel store

what i have done 

1 Hard Rebboted Box ( unpluged network cable and power cord for 15mins)

2 Soft ReBooted 

3 Fatory Reset

If any one can thing of anything else i ahve also done it from diffrent screen on the box but still nothing, I am begining to think that the Box sold in December have somthing installed that stop's you from sideloading the box 

The commands I have followed are HOME,HOME,HOME - UP,UP - RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT,LEFT, RIGHT

would be greatfull if some one can give me anymore information as i would really like to sideload as there seem's to be lots ofr great stuff 

cheers simon 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello there. What I think you may be doing wrong is when you press the sequence of buttons, Hx3 etc. do not hesitate between any of the presses otherwise the action times out. You should press them in short intervals of about 2 to 3 presses per second, as fast as you can reallistically, without pausing. If you hesitate too long between any of the presses, start again with Hx3 etc. and you should finish up successsfully entering the code sequence. Hope this helps and hope I have not overstated the obvious and patronised you too much!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Does anyone know can you add more than 1 server outside your own network
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Sorry Baint but I must be a bit dim here because I am not sure what you are actually asking?

Do you you mean you want to attach your Now TV box to a second possibly external network?

Or, do you mean you have two servers in your network and you want your box to see both at the same time?

Maybe you have multiple servers you want your box to simultaneously see?

Either way, I believe the box was designed to select one server at a time within a network.  It is possible to change the settings so the box can select another, i.e. different, server within the same network but it can only use one at a time.

However, I stand to be corrected by a forum member with greater technical knowledge.

UK Bob