cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB
Legend

The Drive-By Poster (with acknowledgements to Neil Innes’ Urban Spaceman)

With the sad demise of the YouView Community, which will vanish at the end of the month, my parody lyric here needs a new home, and the Now Community seems the ideal spot:-

I'm the drive-by poster, people; I’ve a need

Answer me with speed

I'm the drive-by poster, people; tell me why

This damn kit won’t fly

I don't get pleasure

I just get pain

How to make this kit reboot and run OK again

I'm the drive-by poster, people; tell me why

I won’t reply

I post in desperation with a frown upon my face

My natural impatience spills out all over the place

I'm the drive-by poster, I'm intelligent and keen

But is your answer seen?

I'm the drive-by poster, never make a second post

Was I just a ghost?

You won’t know if I fixed it

Or if I’m still a noob

Found another forum, or a vid out on YouTube

I'm the drive-by poster, people; here comes the twist--

I’ll make you p***ed!

Drive-by posters are the people who pop up here with an issue, to which the tireless volunteer unpaid customers who man the Community respond with a considered, often very detailed reply, and then - nothing.

There are others in the rogue’s gallery, of course, but the DBP is the most egregious. Please don’t be a DBP.

Sometimes, someone you think is going to be a DBP eventually comes back and replies - I think the record is about two months.

Sometimes, the posted reply you thought was wasted is picked up by somebody else, who thanks you for it - the record here is measured in years rather than months.

So maybe no postings are ever really wasted - until, of course, the Community containing them is shut down and deleted. All lost, like tears in rain. Well, as above, not quite all….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
0 REPLIES 0