cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Sky Store

Hi all
Should my now tv login work on Sky Store or do I have to set up a new one?
14 REPLIES 14
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi   mine does but then again when I set up Now I had already had sky broadband so already had a sky id.  What you will need to set up separately is payment method and pin.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

Happy New Year! You can log in with your NOW TV account and you'll be asked to accept terms and set up for Sky Store. Once it's set up though it will be treated as a separate login, so for example if you change your NOW TV password it won't change your Sky Store password, same for payment details etc.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi

Have a read of this help article.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-id-and-now-tv

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps  @Andy  @4268

Thanks for the help and happy new year! 

I tried my now tv login but no go so checked @schnapps  link and it says that they are separate now. Mmmm I only wanted to redeem a voucher to watch Dunkirk but it'll be another place with my card details. 

A bit of a palaver isn't it 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

According to Sky Store you should be able to

Yes. If you are new to Sky Store, we'll ask you to accept our terms and conditions when you sign in using your Sky iD username/email address and password. And we'll ask if you'd like to use the same payment details as the ones stored in your Sky or NOW TV account. If you don't want to do this, you'll need to set up a new Sky payment wallet to buy or rent in Sky Store

but I suppose if you've changed details recently your NOW TV login may already be out of sync with the original Sky ID. If you're redeeming a rental be aware there's been a few reports of difficulties getting Sky Store titles to play properly on the NOW TV box. It doesn't seem to be affecting everything though as my titles have been playing fine. If it's a purchase you'll either have the physical copy backup or for digital only purchases it'll get sorted eventually.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello how do you use a voucher in sky store on now tv? 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

Sky Store has it's own app. On my now tv black box the remote has its own sky store button. On my smart tv I have a separate sky store app. 

What device are you trying to watch on? 

In the app there should be a 'redeem voucher' option

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am new to nowtv & a little to the concept with sky store. If I use an old sky id. From when I previously cancelled sky TV 2 year ago. 

To access sky store with my nowtv stick &/or other devices. Will this enter me into any contracts or anything for sky TV packages, broadband, phone etc?

Also will anyone from sky phone me to take out sky TV. Or if I continue to use sky store. Is there anything effected by the above details for them to get in touch or add a skytv package?

1 last thing does the number of devices effect any of the above?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Your NowTV account and Sky Store account are not linked in anyway anymore and are seperate services.

Nowtv is a non contract subscription streaming service, where Sky Store is a rental / buy & keep service.

So if you wish you can still use your old Sky ID account details when using the Sky Store service (just make sure your bank card is still up to date).

Using Sky Store or NowTV streaming service you won't have to be locked into a Sky or NowTV Broadband & Phone package and you can use any ISP from within the UK.

With NowTV you can have a maximum of 4 devices on your account, like wise you can have 4 registered devices on your Sky Store account where the devices used are separate from both accounts.