Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recordable box

Is there any now tv devices you can record on? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

With NowTV bought through a BT TV subscription, you can now record any NowTV content available as a channel on BT TV. Even Sport, I am told.

Opinions differ as to whether your recordings persist for as long as you want them to, or turn into pumpkins at the same time as a download of one of these programmes would.

I don’t have BT TV, but maybe somebody out there knows the answer?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Record the screen with your mobile or a camcorder lol.

RoyB
Legend

With NowTV bought through a BT TV subscription, you can now record any NowTV content available as a channel on BT TV. Even Sport, I am told.

Opinions differ as to whether your recordings persist for as long as you want them to, or turn into pumpkins at the same time as a download of one of these programmes would.

I don’t have BT TV, but maybe somebody out there knows the answer?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a youview user because ive got an talk talk plus recordable box and ive got a NOWTV smart stick do you think ill be able to record from NOWTV sky channels and BBC channels and any other channels 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My understanding you will only be able to record if you have a Now TV account linked through BT/Talk Talk. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unless you are a BT TV customer with a BT Youview compatible box and have the BT NowTV bolt on package, you won't be able to record any of the live NowTV channels.

Might be worth checking if the NowTV show is available on catch up or on demand instead via the NowTV App on your Talk Talk box. 

BBC Live channels should be OK via your Talk Talk main TV Youview guide (assuming your box is a recordable version with an inbuilt hard drive).

PS -  The above information is based on that you subscribe the NowTV package via NowTV directly. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's better a smart stick or another recordable box because im having trouble with my smart stick setting up channels because the message im getting tells me to set up and i don't know how to set up. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you please post a screenshot of where you are stuck, as it’s not very clear from your description? But there should be a little pamphlet in the box your stick came in that explains what you have to do.

In a world where almost everything is available on catch-up, the case for a recording box is nowhere near as compelling as it was; but as long as it’s only ‘almost’ everything, the recording box can fill the gap between ‘almost’ and ‘all’, at least for what’s available on Freeview.

And you can skip the ads on a recording, which you can’t do on live or catch-up.

And even if something is available on catch-up today, it may be gone tomorrow; recordings are for life (or at least for the life of the recording box, which may be rather shorter).

Recording boxes, bought retail, can cost up to ten times the price of a Stick; though on subscription, the prices are more comparable.

But really, Stick and recording box do different jobs, anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So ive got an recording plus box from talk talk and a stick from NOWTV the question remains will i be able to see my freeview channels and my list of recordings.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you have a Now TV account where you have purchased passes from Now TV directly you will not be able to record the channels onto the recording box.

With a recording box, you can only record what is on Freeview via cable/satellite. In no shape or form can you record from a Now TV stick.

So if you "recorded" a program on ITV2, then yes you will be able to watch it on your box. Whereas if you want to watch anything provided by Now TV, then you must watch this on the stick. 

As @schnapps and @RoyB have already pointed out and myself, you must purchase Now TV directly from Talk Talk or BT in order to be able to record Now TV channels on to their respected boxes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User asked:

So I've got a recording plus box from TalkTalk and a stick from NowTV and the question remains will I be able to see my freeview channels and my list of recordings.

I’m not sure what the problem is here?

But you put the recording box on one HDMI input, and the NowTV stick on another.

And when you want to watch something on NowTV, you switch to that HDMI input and use the Stick.

And the rest of the time, you switch to the HDMI input for the TalkTalk box (except it will probably switch for itself when you turn it on) to watch your Freeview channels and your recordings.

Does that answer cover it?