cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Prime and Disney+

I can see this has been asked in the past, but things may have changed. Can you get amazon prime video and Disney+ on a NOWTV box? Both available on SkyQ.

My box is a 4500SK. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Amazon Prime Video App No (can't see it happening in either the short or medium term).

Disney Plus App is due shortly before the end of Spring 2020 the last i heard.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My apologies. I got that last bit about what the Roku devices are and are not supported a bit wrong. To to make up for that. Here is a link to the help site for Disney plus. It explains precisely what Roku devices are supported 😀

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=0e228117db6bc49860f3eacb13961992

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @commanda6 

Thanks for the info,  it looks like quite a few roku's old and new are compatible.

Regards...

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @commanda6  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

I've just pressed the Disney + button on the Roku website to put the channel on my Roku 3, so it might take a hour or two but, as I've done this very same thing with other channels, I'm sure the channel will pop up.

I'll get back to you when it does.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

Just wondering any reason why you didn't download the Disney Plus channel directly on your Roku Player or was it just more convenient at the time to do it via the Roku website ?

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Yeah Schnapps, you got it

It was just more convenient, you see I was listening to the Lighthouse Family and now Barry White and surely you can't pull a man away from his music.

Besides, I've done it before without any probs.

UK Bob

PS. No Schnapps, never had any audio sync problems with Amazon Prime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for the offer but I think after looking at the various boxes and sticks available, the Roku channel link you sent me and the other posts, Its obvious I need to get another box as I wanted one for another room also, it would make sense to go for a full Roku rather than a NowTV box.    I think the answer is making sure to buy a UK spec box rather than an import box which could be geolocked from some channels/features.   Dilemma now being box or stick.....

Regards..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On the Roku UK website that i posted there should be somewhere a products page where it should show the difference between the three UK players.

Obviously don't buy from the Roku UK shop and shop around for the best price deals once you decided the Roku model you wish to go for.

Edit - Here's the comparison page and specs on the three UK Roku Players if you fancy a read.

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/products/compare 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps @ukbobboy @commanda6 

Hi Guys,

@schnapps thanks for the link to the Roku site, I just went for a look, I decided the stick would be best, although my current nowTV box is the furthest from my router, I just recently took up their offer of 'boost' which ups to 1080p and surround sound, as the stick is dual band it should get quicker data from the router. 

Interestingly I hit the buy it now on the roku page, as it lists the stick at £49.99 a pop up appears listing 6 sellers with their products, only Amazon of the 6 have it in stock but at £69.99 the other five list at 49.99 but have no stock (Argos, ASDA, Very, Curries and Costco)  Even on ebay they are high £60's+ (one company at £90)  I've ended up buying one from the BT shop on line, £49.99 + £3.49 shipping. BT's stock level dropped from 10 to 5 at the same time I bought one, with over 100 sold.  I'm guessing they are made in China and whilst the world has currently gone to Crap, they have enjoyed a sales boost.

I just realised also, probably both Prime and Disney+ if it came to it would be watchable via the PC anyway.

Regards..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I bought my Roku Stick + when they first came to the UK from Sainsbury where it was a January Sale offer i believe i paid £42 for it where the RRP was originally £79.99 i think from memory.

I did see the Roku Stick + go for about £30 to £35 in the Black Friday Sales in 2019 which was a bargain.

Yep because most electronics (especially the cheaper stuff) is manufactured in China and with the Coronavirus crisis together with a lot of families stuck at home where i am guessing there has been a big uptake on streaming devices then stock is dwindling and harder to find a the lower prices.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User @commanda6 

Yeah Guys

Corona is not only causing shortages and rationing in the supermarkets it's also causing shortages and price rises in the electronics market as well, I also suspect some profiteering as well.

Being doom and gloom Bob for a moment, what we are currently experiencing is one the few predictable ways the world could end without actually starting a war. Mind you, if our infrastructure crumbles civil unrest could kick off.

Sorry Boys, gonna see if there's anything drinkable left in my fridge (to go with the cool music I'm listening to).

UK Bob