Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Play To' a replacement for Plex?

Hi

I noticed the latest update has deleted plex from my nowtv box. 😞

I've seen some very strange comments on here about plex being illegal or encouraging piracy.  Which it definaley does not.

We used it to stream content that we bought and downloaded from the BBC iplayer. (CBEEBIES pantomimes for the kids)

I've noticed a new app called 'play to'. If I downloaded the windows version of that would it act as the plex server did and stream from the pc to the box?

BTW - If I wanted to stream illegal content I would only have to pull the hdmi cable out and put in the hdmi video output from the pc. (Using the tv as a second monitor)

So I don't think you've really achieved anything useful by making these changes.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good luck with that. The Play to app isn't available for the desktop. Just mobile devices.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately this is another example of Sky either not understanding the market and technologies available (??) or simply using headlines to kill off any percieved competition.  They are not alone ITV and C4 won't extend their services to the Apple TV plafform for similar reasons, fear.  

This option was until recently a niche silver bullet, now I'm more likely to simply dial back my Now TV as it's broadband savings on the bundled product I really want and run my Apple 4 alongside my Smart TV with native apps.