cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Stick not working

Hi everyone. Recently I got an email saying the old white roku boxes will not no longer be supported. I got a free Now TV stick as you can claim a free one till November. 
Got everything set up fine. Was watching tv fine for about half an hour then it crashed. It freezed and wouldn’t respond. Now I have to keep rebooting it and each time it just says ‘Now Tv is currently unavailable please try again later’.

Ive decided to plug in my old white box as it still works and there are no issues. Is anyone else having this issue or have I been sent a faulty stick. Additionally the stick seems to get red hot really quickly.

1 REPLY 1
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

One thing I found with the Now TV stick is exactly what you said, gets red hot very easily. 

So when I do use it on occassion I plug the power into a USB port of the TV. So when the TV is off the Now TV Stick is off. 

Personally I would recommend spending about £20 or so and purchase a Roku stick. They are much more reliable than Now TV sticks. Plus you will get a raft more apps to download, like Amazon for instance. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help