cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick and remote

I've changed WiFi router with my stick still on the old WiFi and remote won't pair either. So now I'm stuck with a stick that won't work.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if factory resetting the stick helps.

To factory reset the stick hold in the small reset button on the stick for about 10 to 15 seconds.

Then once the stick has been factory reset, setup the stick on your new Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

I've tried this but it seems that the remote now doesn't want to pair with the stick so I can't set up the new WiFi and the stick won't show up on the app either

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would have thought a factory reset would have sorted it 😡.

When you factory reset the stick was you greeted with The Lets Get Started Message on your television screen ?

I am guessing you have tried re pairing the remote by following these instructions in the link below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies @schnapps 

I've got the pairing screen and green LED flashing on the remote after the let's get started but doesn't seem to want to.

I've got another stick at my parents house so could try with their WiFi and spare remote.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if rebooting your new Router and moving the Router closer to the stick and once pairing the remote move the remote closer to where the stick is positioned.

If your television has a side facing HDMI port then try that has well with the stick together with the supplied power adapter if you are using power off the USB port on your television.

If you have more than one television in your home, try the stick on the television which is closest to your Router.

Have you still got the old Router ?

Also i am assuming you have tried fresh new batteries on the remote ?

Like you mentioned testing with two different sticks and two smart remotes may be the way to go to figure out what's going wrong (unless other forum members can offer some further suggestions & advice).