cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
Legend 5
Legend 5
When the trial was on for the black box. You only knew that you were successful when you saw the private board. I don't know if those who were not successful got a message to say sorry they were not successful.
Would be better if Now said when you would know by.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

Well I may be jumping to conclusions here but the link to register for taking part in the trial is still shown prominently on the community front page, so presumably the trial has not yet started and the triallists have not yet been selected?!?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Well I may be jumping to conclusions here but the link to register for taking part in the trial is still shown prominently on the community front page, so presumably the trial has not yet started and the triallists have not yet been selected?!?

The link for the registration form for the trial is also still active

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone have any idea of the release date/price and features of the new 2016 Now TV box (Based on the Roku 4)

I hope it is not loked down as heavily as the 3, as apart from 4K, I would see no real reason to upgrade.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

There's been no announcements made yet, but NOW TV are holding a press conference this Wednesday 29th and it's likely details of the new NOW TV box will be mentioned then.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Does anybody know at what time this official NowTV announcement is going to made to the general public on Wednesday  ?

Or do we have to monitor this forum and other social media sources for the breaking news (hope the announcements are beneficial to new & existing customers and not a "damp squib").  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You will need to keep your ear's to the ground on Wednesday @schnapps , It will happen at somepoint 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @Anonymous User

AM or PM or are you not allowed to divulge at this moment ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't say @schnapps

But as @4268 has said, once the news has been made public we can chat about it all we want 🙂

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whatever news NowTV announces on Wednesday after it's been announced they will put the news up on the now TV blog as well So I wouldn't worry too much about missing the announcement because they're not going to announce something to the press and not tell current now TV customers about it.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.