cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
mark_suff
Expert

It seems everyone at NOW TV has gone to sleep, I have the new box, I'm logged into here, and still can't access the private board. I've contacted both Karl_F and sent 2 emails to trials manager and nothing, just an automated reply from trials team saying message received.  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mark_suff wrote:

It seems everyone at NOW TV has gone to sleep, I have the new box, I'm logged into here, and still can't access the private board. I've contacted both Karl_F and sent 2 emails to trials manager and nothing, just an automated relpy from trials team saying message received.  

@mark_suff

Be patient, i am sure that they will add the Private Board for you ASAP.

The main thing is that you are on the trial and have a shiny new box to play with & test out.

In the meantime, while awaiting access to the Private Board, just spend some quality time and have fun with the new box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @mark_suff

Can I ask that you bear with us, You will be added to that board as soon as we can.

Thanks

Andy

pirate0184
Scholar

@Anonymous User I am also on the trial and would like to be added to the private board as well.thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder if this new box will have the ability to stream from a local network and usb drives.. I could get rid of my Amazon Fire TV box if so.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

an I just clarify....will the free to air channels require you to plug in that white TV aerial at the wall still?  So it won't be streamed like the rest of NowTV?

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm gutted I've heard about this new box in a press release back in January, this new box would be ideal for me as switching from one HDMI to another is a pain on my old telly so having freeview channels and now TV all in one box is a brilliant idea. I contacted the now TV peeps on Twitter on few occasions about this new box and even asked them to be considered a triallist and I just discovered this thread doing a search. Hopefully they'll release the box in the last quarter of this year...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

keep an eye out on the 29th for a big announcementSmiley Happy

Geluk
Expert 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that the box has been officially announced today can we have some more info please! I'm concerned than the EPG still only contains now and next, is this correct even on freeview? How long can you pause freeview? Can you rewind?

Does the developer code still work?

So many questions.....