cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

6月18日(土)禁断の決戦が幕を開ける―― http://sadakovskayako.jp/ 『リング』シリーズ・貞子 VS 『呪怨』シリーズ・伽椰子 日本ホラー史上最大の歴史的スーパープロジェクト始動! 決して出会ってはいけない2つの「呪い」が絡まる時、世紀の最恐対決がはじまる! #さだかや
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Hey Andy

You've done it again, a man eating electric heater, my mind is well a truly boggled.

Emoji Argh.jpg

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy How have I gone from watching The Lego Batman Movie to a trailer about an electric heater? 😄

legobatmanmovie-1280-2-1486205402178_1280w

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Almost as scary as the killer car tyre in Rubber

https://youtu.be/6s2uiPubmoA

which is actually a really entertaining and funny movie - it's been on Netflix before.

That's the great thing about horror - there's horror in the most everyday of things ... hence those pesky public service announcements making me terrified of going down an escalator!

... Hmm now there's a thought a killer escalator movie ... with maybe a monkey thrown in ... that really would be great! 🙂

RUBBER is the story of Robert, an inanimate tire that has been abandoned in the desert, and suddenly and inexplicably comes to life. As Robert roams the bleak landscape, he discovers that he possesses terrifying telepathic powers that give him the ability to destroy anything he wishes without ...
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993

Andy

How do you make it through the day, everyday objects must scare the bejeebers out of you? 

Neighborhood Watch.jpg

Think nice thoughts, Andy, tyres are our friends, not self-propelled homicidal maniacs.

Car Tyre.jpg

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Haha no don't worry I'm perfectly happy surrounded by everyday objects which could turn on me at any moment ... even if I hear them talking about me behind my back!!

But no doubt my love of horror films stems back to watching the public service announcements about swimming in lakes and walking down escalators .. both of which absolutely terrified me as a little child. We never had any nearby lakes so I had no fear there, but I'd refuse to go down any escalators for a long time due to being convinced I'd be sucked under the gap and only my empty shoes would reach the bottom. I mean, have you watched it ... The cinematography is positively Hitchcockian ... what were they thinking?!?

https://youtu.be/zirp59zm1qE

Even to this day I get a slight lurch in my stomach when I first step onto a long escalator ... They'd have caused less psychological damage stickingThe Exorcist on at teatime!

If you're of a certain age, I'm sure you'll remember the welly boot getting crushed.... Yes, it's another one of those public information films that scared us as nippers! With thanks to Mark Prosser for the clip.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Andy

Child eating escalators, it's a wonder any of us grew up to be well balanced (????) adults because those "Public Information Films" were designed to scare us onto  the straight and narrow, government approved, path.

The last PIF I saw, a few years back, was about what would happen to someone if they were taking drugs and driving, i.e. they'd get saucer alien eyes.

I remember the next day having a good laugh about it with some work colleagues, the PIF was so daft it looked like it was made for an audience from the 1950s, not the 21st century.

UK Bob

PS. I can't find that daft PIF on YouTube.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@ukbobboy I think I know the one you mean. Is it by the "Think!" campaign? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C Finally got round to watching Get Out last night - absolutely loved it, best horror film of the year by a mile. Loved the way it slowly unfolded in front of your eyes Twilight Zone style with the sense of unease slowly building into something bonkers but brilliant. Great acting and thought provoking as well. Great to see timely issues tackled in such a clever, entertaining way. There's clearly lots to revisit now you know the ending, so I look forward to going back and picking up on everyone's actions with hindsight. Thanks for the recommendation!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy @ukbobboy @schnapps

Guys, I just got back from seeing 'IT' and it was phenomenal! 😮

Bill Skarsgard was absolutely terrifying as Pennywise! (No, I haven't seen the Tim Curry one).

You need to see it if you haven't already! 🙂

It's hard to believe this is the guy who is transformed into Pennywise. 😮

Bill-Skarsgard-jako-Pennywise

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 OMG I can't wait, I'm seeing it next Thursday with a friend for their birthday (expecting a Pop Vinyl Pennywise to drop through the letterbox any day a small a present!) and I'm SOOO excited, I'm such a big Pennywise fan (the Tim Curry one) but I love the book as well and everyone is raving about the new movie!

Not sure you'd appreciate the Tim Curry version now, I think you had to be there at the time, but HE ROCKS!!

WOULD YOU LIKE A BALLOON??

THEY FLOAT!!!