cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

@Anonymous User and I will get our thinking caps on. 😉

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User Right then, quick question, where do you watch your anime? Had a few recommendations from MAL (go me!) and Netflix and Amazon have quite a small selection, none of the ones I'm looking for so I downloaded that Crunchyroll app (go me!) After being initially floored thinking I could only get in if I subscribed I found my way to the list of animes (go me!) and started playing the first ep to see what the quality was like (go me!) ..... , there was ads at the beginning and then I couldn't believe it but after the title credits (about 2 mins in) there was another load of ads so I thought sod this for a game of soldiers I'll check with the experts...

So this Cruncyroll do they play ads every 5 mins all the way through shows? And do they let you watch all the episodes in a show or will I suckered after the first ep into subscribing to watch the rest? And if you don't use Cruncyroll where do you watch your anime?

Give me the insider tips SuperAnimeDudes!! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy I've got a few answers here for you! I've never personally used Crunchyroll to be honest but I've watched anime with friends who use it and it seemed okay for them. I'll drop you a PM on MAL for some more recommendations 🙂 

(go you!)

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Crunchyroll swamp their shows with ads to try and get you to subscribe. I used to pay about a fiver a month for it without ads. 

You know if you have to pay to watch episodes in general as an icon on a video has an orange crown on it. 🙂

I tend to use "FunimationNow" on fire stick (roku version is so buggy and crashy). It is again, full of ads and like Crunchyroll, you can subscribe.

I also use "viewster" which is all free with no fees but again, there are ads.

I pretty much buy a lot on DVD/Blu-ray now and I used to rent them on LoveFilm. 

Take your pick..... 😉

@Anonymous User Guess who bought Clannad on DVD? 😉

All I need is Clannad After Story now and I will be happy! 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Oh it's not easy being an anime fan is it! 😄

I'll check out that Funimation see what it's like! Thanks for the tips! 🙂

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I forgot to mention that Crunchyroll and FunimationNow offer a trial too. 🙂

It would give you ahead start and I think it does get rid of the adverts. 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Yeah actually that's a good idea, I might go for the trial and get a short anime in - any suggestions for maybe a horror or scifi themes anime, or something similar in feel to Death Note, something I could fit in easily with 14 days? 🙂

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy You might like Attack On Titan. Season 1 is 25 episodes (less episodes than Death Note. 😉 )

I haven't watched it but I have read a few chapters of the manga and it seems pretty good. My friend loves the anime. 🙂

I think FunimationNow have it dubbed as well as subbed.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Ta for that ... Of course, if you can think of one that's more like 12 eps I'll double your Xmas present fund ... 😉

PS for reference purposes last year I allocated £0 to your Xmas present fund ... Smiley Indifferent

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Don't worry, I am looking but the longer ones are a lot better than the shorter ones. 😉