cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guuru

Hi

Has anyone else recieved an email asking them to become a now tv guuru?. Ive downloaded it but im now not sure if it is legit. It came from a very legit looking now tv email. 

Anyone else?

9 REPLIES 9
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If Guru is really spelt as you have, then I doubt it’s legit. Could you possibly cut-and-paste the message here? Removing your email address, and replacing any @ in the message with (at).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also received the invite (back in January but I've only just had time to look at everything). Likewise have downloaded the app and have helped 1 person so far... it all looks legit and if you look at the guuru website it all looks above board? 

My concern is that I cant see how someone can even ask a question that would open a chat with a Guuru?? I am hoping that Ive just missed that. I am also surprised that I can not find any mention of Guurus on Nows Website? 

Barry

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats what worried me, i managed to get hold of a now employee on the broadband line, but he had no idea what I was talking about, but maybe this hasn't been widely known. I also couldn't delete my account, so ive deleted the app and warned my bank just to be on the safe side.

It may be legit, but with no one available on the now tv chat, there is now way to check

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the email and downloaded the app going to see how it goes 

RoyB
Legend

If you look at their website, 

https://www.guuru.com/en/

you can see what it is, and they claim Sky as a customer.

But they (Sky? NowTV?) would have to find expert customers to be support agents.

So were the emails asking you to be those experts, or to use their app to contact such experts?

As I’ve heard nothing about this, from anywhere.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB To me it looks like a recruitment agency to get unpaid customer service people. I wonder how many of the companies whose logos are used even know of or even use this firm.

Also, if, as suggested by the op and others, this was a genuine NowTV thing, wouldn’t you and I and the other select few have heard about it through official channels?

RoyB
Legend

@Mark_Weinreb 

Unpaid customer service people? Who’s going to do a job like that? Oh, wait..... ?

We do know, though, that not even the left hand of NowTV always talks to the right hand, let alone Sky talking to NowTV.

It was probably somebody’s ‘good idea’ that turned out not to have ??

Or maybe they are just waiting until the ????? is over, for it to surface again....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is Legit!

It a customers helping other customers web chat service - If you have the opportunity again to sign up I would   strongly recommend it - I have earned quite a bit of money and it’s fun 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, a legitimate chat service on NowTV.com but it has now been closed down. 

Apparently it was a trial from February to July by NowTV and Guuru.com, which has now finished. 

They are evaluating the results to decide whether it will be brought back or not.