cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

tv lisence

• hi I was wondering about my tv lisence I know I need a tv lisence to watch any live tv and anything on BBC iPlayer so I was wondering if my daughter watches the cbbc stuff thats in the now tv kids section not the BBC iPlayer app and does not watch it live would I need a tv lisence in the uk still.  i have just cancelled my sky subscription and im struggling to see why i should pay my tv lisence as only my daughter watches stuff occasioally on the cbbc iplayer app but would rather have access to the kids section on now tv and i would prefer to pay for that unless I still have to pay for my tv lisence to access the cbbc stuff on it any one have idea if I need a lisence  in the uk for the kids now tv cbbc section not to be watched live any help would be great 
5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Some further information in this linked article below on when you need a TV licence.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/do-i-need-a-tv-licence-to-watch-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You need to buy a TV licence or go to jail.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

License is being scrapped for Brexit apparently, put a few more over paid celebs at the job centre lol

starman73
Elite

It won't be abolished until 2027 at the earliest. I suspect in 7 years, the BBC will go to a subscription model with some central government funding for cultural and regional activities.

FWIW I don't see why the BBC spend money on sport anymore.  There are umpteen sports providers, yet the BBC still block out fortnights for Wimbledon and a month for football tournaments. And the sports presenters get paid a lot for just telling us what game is on.  Anyone who is interested in sport like me has the sports subscription anyway.

All that written it was nice to go into a pub yesterday and watch the rugby without bar staff saying they don't have Sky anymore...

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73 

You know Starman

I agree with your analysis, the BBC as a monolithic organisation is coming to an end, it will still exist as a cut down, less an authoritative institution, but more as a loose grouping of news agencies with some government funding.

Which personally I think will be a shame because the BBC has a duty to inform and educate, and that will be lost, because we will end up with American style news, which is primarily aimed at (I believe) entertainment and propaganda to keep their advertisers and funding platforms on-side.

UK Bob