cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Thom77 wrote:

wouldn't mind seeing things like Stranger Things or Altered Carbon or Black Lightning, so maybe one day Netflix will be on my radar (especially as their stuff is incredibly slow to DVD).

@Thom77 Stranger Things = amazing (esp S1), Altered Carbon =not bad, Black Lightning = surprisingly good plus loads of other delights awaiting you ... The Expanse = stick with it, Lost in Space = great fun, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina = enjoyable (no really!), The Haunting of Hill House = spooky! plus you have all the Netflix Marvel superhero shows (bored of them after first few seasons but you might enjoy them) and so on ....

You get your first month free so easy to give a spin - with the mid-season breaks of lots of shows coming up might be a good oppo to give it a whirl without adding to the Xmas wallet bashing!

Thom77
Scholar 5

@Andy

I'm sure I'll hit Netflix at some point, possibly in 2019....... might need to trim some things first like my BT TV, which could be on borrowed time, so we'll see what happens.

I like your quick review summary of shows, but your 'amazing' for Stranger Things makes me even more depressed that a UK DVD release is still non-existant, I'm sure I'd have got that by now.  I do like the Arrowverse and I have recently spotted that Black Lightning Blu-Ray/DVD is out in January, so might give that a whirl.  Before streaming kills them off completely, I do like to keep up with the odd DVD or Blu-Ray.

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @Lindzi

Well the mid-season teaser trailer dropped yesterday and here it is in all it's not-revealing-anything-at-all-really-apart-from-a-glimpse-of-Samantha-Morton glory 

https://youtu.be/OwaenrcWsoU

And with that I'll wish you both a fab Xmas full of Gremlins movie marathons and the like, and look forward to lots more Walking Dead moaning and celebrating in 2019! Have a good one peeps! 🙂

The Whisperers are coming. The Walking Dead returns Sunday, February 10 at 9/8c.
Thom77
Scholar 5

@Andy@Lindzi

Now, was that a Walking Dead trailer OR a trailer for the BBC's Great British Sewing Bee...... top notch sewing???????  Bring on the second half of the season.

....and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all!!!!!

Lindzi
Scholar 5

@Andy   @Thom77

Oh yes! They did creepy....love it 

Bring it on I can't wait, we have TWD and then GoT..... so have a lovely relaxing Christmas and then back to it for 2019 🙂

Keep the change ya filthy animal 😉

Thom77
Scholar 5

@Andy@Lindzi

Spent last night aimlessly browsing Youtube and noticed one or two videos that were announcing the next character to crossover from TWD to FTWD....... looks like season 5 of Fear will now include Dwight??  If your character leaves the main show and you don't die, you might still have a job elsewhere??

@Lindzi any news yet on Prime giving free access to FTWD season 4....... or are you still waiting???

Lindzi
Scholar 5

@Thom77  @Andy

Nope no sign of s4 fear on Prime yet...I keep checking regularly though Smiley Sad

It's good to do the crossovers as there are so many storylines left with characters from the main show. 

I saw another trailer for twd with negan back at the sanctuary....wonder if they'll all join forces against the whisperers? They can all make friends fighting a common cause Smiley Happy

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Thom77 So while we're waiting (im)patiently for TWD to return you might want to give The Passage a go ... think TWD with vampires, and pretend it's not The Strain. Fox UK next Tuesday 9pm. It's based on the bestselling trilogy of books by Justin Cronin, of which I've read the first, found it a right slog and promptly gave up  ... but hey, don't let that put you off! 

Trailer coming right up if you're interested

https://youtu.be/6rJ64J-gSbY

Watch the official trailer for FOX's new show, The Passage. Subscribe now for more The Passage clips: https://fox.tv/Subscribe_ThePassage Watch more videos from The Passage: https://fox.tv/ThePassageSeason1 See more of The Passage on our official site: https://fox.tv/ThePassage Like The Passage on
Lindzi
Scholar 5

@Andy  @Thom77

You didn't sell that at all, but watching the trailer, Zach from Saved by the bell is in it so series link set Smiley Happy

We need something to watch! I think I've watched everything now tv has to offer.....where's some new box sets that haven't been shown before!? Any other recommendations send them my way

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Escape to Dannemora's supposed to be pretty good, altho I haven't watched that yet ... Runaways S2 has started (but I don't think you watched S1?) ... did you ever watch Britannia S1 (seems to be a bit Marmite - you either love it or hate it - I loved it and S2 is on it's way) ... and if all else fails Magnum PI turns up in a week or two! 😄

magnum.gif

...oops, wrong Magnum!!! 😄