cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming in the UK problem

We keep getting error code OVP_00012 along with the message "sorry, streaming isn't supported in your region...search help site for more info".

We are in the UK and our Now TV little black box was working fine up until 2 days ago. We've tried all 6 steps in the troubleshooting section, but we're still getting the same message. 

We also tried using the quick feedback option, but as this is operated by a robot, we didn't get very far.

Within the My Account section online, it says our service has no issues, so how come we're still getting a streaming error message?

Any suggestions welcome, as we're close to burning the thing.

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Check what time the box thinks it is. If it is an hour out, tell it you are in Portugal. Then it will work.

This sounds like a wind-up, but it isn’t.

Before burning the box, be sure to unplug it.

This doesn’t sound like a wind-up, but it is 🤡

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Should nothing work, then try switching the mains power off to your Router for about 30 minutes to allow your Router to acquire a new IP address.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hey Fellas (Schnapps & Roy)

As I'm a Roku user now, do you guys reckon that Spires problem could be caused by a Now TV dodgy update?   

I ask because I know these problematic updates crop up from time to time but are usually fixed when a follow up update is quickly released.

Still, about a couple of years ago, I remember Now TV released an update that was so disastrous that most users throughout the country were affected, a roll back was eventually initiated to fix this massive problem.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @ukbobboy @schnapps 

@Anonymous User can check this, if the black box has an interface anything like my Stick, by going to Settings/System/System Update and relaying the Last Updated date shown there back to us,

If that was two days ago, then we have a strong suspicion it might be the culprit.

But mine is Aug 9, checked today at 17:30 with no new update found, and I’m running 9.0.3 build 4070.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Evening all @ukbobboy @RoyB @schnapps 

We found yesterday that we were able to watch catch up tv on the My5 app within nowtv, but we are still getting the same streaming/roaming error message if we try to watch any of the entertainment programs despite switching off our router for 30 mins as suggested.

Last update was 19th Sept at 20:12, but on doing another factory reset (just in case...) It Now says 23rd September at 21:15. Still the same.

Now Tv device 4200sk

Software version 9.0.3 build 4070-10

I'll send off an online complaint form and see what comes of it, but if anyone has any further ideas, we'd be really grateful 🙂

Thank you

davidjl55
Mentor

Did you ever get an answer to the query as it's happened to us this morning.  Have been chatting to a customer support person at NOW TV (well that's their title, not their profession obviously as they were no help at all).  Any suggestions would really be helpful.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @davidjl55 

There are a few threads reported about this in the last 24 hours.

What playback devices are you using and assuming you are not using a VPN.

Also who is your Broadband ISP ?

Have you tried unplugging the power to the Router for 30 minutes.

davidjl55
Mentor

Hi, I have quite a few devices including the latest Roku all working fine until today. Nowtv were no help, in fact clueless, surely they should know what their own error messages mean. I have unplugged still to try 30 minutes. Everything else is working fine through the Router Netflix Prime etc

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @davidjl55 

Looks like there is a few customers affected by this error code (see screen shot taken from the NOW Help Centre).

NOW is playing fine for me on my Roku Stick and NOW Broadband.

Out of curiosity who is your Broadband provider? 

Screenshot_20230323-114500_Samsung Internet.jpg