cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skegger
Advocate

Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

Now tv has performed

an update on Roku Express but now the app won’t launch. I have switched off , rebooted , removed and added now tv , performed software update via secret menu but still Will not lunch. It also does not show on Home Screen. Roku simply beeps when I try and launch  app after from the install screen. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now TV will not launch on Roku Express

@MorelloCherry NowTV have acknowledged the problem, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, if you do a software update on the affected device, if should roll back to a stable version.

Please let us know if it works.

View solution in original post

57 Replies
MarkEastwood
Advocate

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Was working around 8:15 but had stopped by 12:30.  Looks like it's trying to update to v6.4.2 but doesn't open or appear on home screen of either of my roku devices.  Tried everything up to and including a factory reset but no joy.  Raised a call with support but I think it's a problem with the update itself.

Donna27

I’m having the same problem has anyone found a solution? Or have a contact to help solve. Thanks

0 Thanks
Bertie1p
Scholar

There are multiple threads about this issue but here’s what I’ve posted elsewhere.

It seems be affecting quite a few users since the App update. NowTV have been informed and are looking in to it…

MarkEastwood
Advocate

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like it's been resolved now; I've now got the new version open on my Roku.  As a massive DC fan this couldn't have happened on a worse day.  Okay, so I'll have to wait a little bit longer to watch Justice League but it'll still be there tomorrow night (hopefully).

Skegger
Advocate

Cheers for the update. Yep. New update works. Annoying but resolved. 

0 Thanks
JFS
Mentor

Still won't load on my Roku 2. Anyone any ideas?

desht
Mentor

Still also not working on my Roku 3810EU player.  Starts up, thinks for a minute, then "Sorry, NowTV is not currently available".

0 Thanks
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @desht  @JFS 

A new version of the app has recently been released normally a Roku were only check for updates once every 24 hours, but you can check for updates manually.

Go to 

settings > system > system update

If the app gets updated, you'll find that it simply has the new name of 'now' 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
0 Thanks
Rachel04
Advocate

So annoying mine is doing the same - tried unplugging, remove and relaunch app, remove app then unplug and reinstall and reset but no joy. Any news on how to solve? Thank you 

0 Thanks