cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG WebOS TV's - anyone using one ?

I'm looking at getting this model - nowtv app, simple to use smart functions - that's what I'm seeing from reviews however has anyone on here got one ?

How does the now TV app compare to the now TV box ?

Is the picture quality on freeview HD any good ?

Is webOS as good as it sounds ?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/lg-42lb650v-sma...

Thanks in advance !

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there I purchased an LG 55 inch Ultra HD 3d/4k tv from currys in East Kilbride on the 17th of December 

The TV is advertised as coming with a 90 day pass for sky movies which has to be set up by the 27th of January 2016 !

Curry's failed to submit my email address on the paperwork when purchasing and I have since returned to the store and they have now submitted the email address from me and advised that I should receive an email from you guys with a pass code but I have little faith in them so wanted to confirm if I will receive a code ? I also phoned LG  but they just advised I would have to speak to the retailer or yourself as it is not them that are running the promotion !

Please advise,

Roberto 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

From what I can see, Currys say: "the code will arrive within 14 days of purchase"... Personally I wouldn't be surpised if this takes slightly longer due to the Chrismas period: -

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thankfully there are still plenty of days left on Currys offer.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks, yes the store told me it could take up to 14 days from date of
purchase but as they did not take my email address at point of sale this
will be delayed even further, just need to cross my fingers that the code
arrives before the cut off date stated !

Roberto
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm sure it will all work out in the end Roberto...

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Did you ever get the "pass code" you were promised?

Also, you indicated that your TV was purchased "in-store" at East Kilbride but if you check SMD's screen print it clearly states that the special promotional "Offer only available for online purchases".

Chances are the store staff knew nothing about the special promotion, until you pointed it out.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Bob,
Thanks for your email, still not received any code ☹ I did notice online that it had mentioned offer was for online orders only but there was nothing to suggest that In store and they had an advert directly in front of the tv advertising the 90 day pass but the Currys staff just stated it was not their promotion !
I will just have to go out and buy two tubs of Pringles and get a day pass instead of the 90 days I was hoping for lol 😁
Regards Roberto.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

You know, you could try contacting the store manager or, if that doesn't work, emailing their HQ, copying in the ASA, that should get them moving.

I had a run in with Currys a few years ago, I ordered a freeview box that never got delivered, I eventually got the box by travelling to a store on the other side of London.  Anyway, they sent me an ipod as compensation, for the trouble they caused me, but without a complimentary note or explanation.

Anyway, if you want that promotion you will probably have to push the issue.

UK Bob