cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with ITV Hub

I'd been trying to watch the new ITV show "Des", which is showing on my friends NowTV box, but not on mine. Any ideas what's going on? I've done a software update but nothing changed. Also, the shows never seem to change, it shows me the exact same options day in day out and seem very limited. Anyone else have the same issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Which version of the NowTV Box do you have ?

On my NowTV 4K Smart Box under the ITV Hub App it is showing Des series 1,three episodes available which are Ep1 Ep2 & Ep3.

If you can't find it under the ITV Hub App, what about using the STV Player App (if it's not already under MY Apps on your box see if it available under Apps Store).

Just checked the STV Player App on my box and Des is also available to watch.

Don't know if STV Player still requires a Scottish Post code, but if your UK post code doesn't get accepted use this post code EH1 1EG.

I just used this above post code and i live in Wales.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Which version of the NowTV Box do you have ?

On my NowTV 4K Smart Box under the ITV Hub App it is showing Des series 1,three episodes available which are Ep1 Ep2 & Ep3.

If you can't find it under the ITV Hub App, what about using the STV Player App (if it's not already under MY Apps on your box see if it available under Apps Store).

Just checked the STV Player App on my box and Des is also available to watch.

Don't know if STV Player still requires a Scottish Post code, but if your UK post code doesn't get accepted use this post code EH1 1EG.

I just used this above post code and i live in Wales.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what version it is... NowTv HD maybe... I got it off Amazon only a couple weeks ago. The programme is showing on my phone app, but not on NowTV. It's just so odd that it's showing for other people but not mine. The same three programs on the homepage haven't changed in weeks! I've downloaded the STV player app (I actually live in Scotland, just didn't think to try that haha!) and it's on there, so all sorted now 🙂 

Thank you!! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad you found the TV Show  you wanted to watch on the STV Player 😀.

Out of curiosity what's the software version number on the ITV Hub App on your box ?

Not sure about the white NowTV Boxes that are going to cease operation from the 6th of October but would have thought the ITV Hub App should be the same has your friends NowTV box.

Have you gone to the ITV Hub under My Apps and deleted the ITV Hub App and try a fresh App install by going to Apps Store ?

If you reinstall the App you will have to re enter your ITV Hub App sign in account details.

Other than that maybe try a forced software update on your NowTV box by following these instructions.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK to update your device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps It's actually the Roku smart stick I've got, and after speaking to another friend they say they have the same issue with ITV player being a bit rubbish. The app version is v2.4.

I haven't tried deleting it yet, but did log out and back in again and that didn't help. Also updated software and that didn't make any difference.

Thanks again! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps v2.4.1 even! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if the full blown Roku Players are running a slightly different version of the ITV Hub App to the NowTV Boxes, but i just checked the version number of my NowTV 4K Smart Box and the App is saying Version 2.4 build 1 (the same has you).

Never tried this but when going into the ITV Hub App itself under the settings symbol there is an option to reset the App, where i am guessing all it does is to reset your settings and has no bearing on the the way the App operates or the content availability on it.

To be honest i never use iTV Hub App so i can't really comment about it, where the only terrestrial App i use is BBC iPlayer.