cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

‘Something went wrong’ smart stick

Hi, 

I’ve had my now tv stick for a few weeks now and all was working perfectly until a few days ago. Each time I go to watch a show, a few seconds later is comes up with the message ‘something went wrong please try again later’, and does this each time. 

I’ve changed the USB port my stick is plugged into at the back of the tv, reset the stick, reset my internet and nothing has changed. 

Could it be that my internet connection is not strong enough? As it is only a recent thing I’m hoping maybe it’ll sort itself out, but some days now tv won’t work so I’ll go onto Netflix on my tv which works fine, so I’m not sure. 

Have also just tried using my internet hotspot on my phone with now tv and the same message came up. 

I’m hoping my internet is just being crap this weekend and that maybe it’ll sort itself out as never had this problem before. 

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, 

I’ve had my now tv stick for a few weeks now and all was working perfectly until a few days ago. Each time I go to watch a show, a few seconds later is comes up with the message ‘something went wrong please try again later’, and does this each time. 

I’ve changed the USB port my stick is plugged into at the back of the tv, reset the stick, reset my internet and nothing has changed. 

Could it be that my internet connection is not strong enough? As it is only a recent thing I’m hoping maybe it’ll sort itself out, but some days now tv won’t work so I’ll go onto Netflix on my tv which works fine, so I’m not sure. 

Have also just tried using my internet hotspot on my phone with now tv and the same message came up. 

I’m hoping my internet is just being crap this weekend and that maybe it’ll sort itself out as never had this problem before. 

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

HI @Anonymous User If it isn't resolved by now then i'd recommend going for a refund as it may be faulty. Have you tried doing a full factory reset?>