cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tV stick not connecting

I've tried several times on different devices but none is reading the stick, and the remote doesn't seem to connect to the stick either. Maybe a simple matter of getting new equipment. 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say you have tried the stick on different devices i assume you mean different Televisions ?

Also when you say the stick is not reading or the remote is not connecting, is the setup failing at the first hurdle where when the stick is searching for your wifi network you get a red cross ?

Are there any message or error code on screen and out of curiosity who is your Broadband provider ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I plugged the stick into my laptop and it's not reading it at all. I assume there's something wrong with the stick itself.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The stick needs to be plugged into either a Television, PC Monitor with a HDMI input port or a Projector.

The stick will not work with your laptop.

If you wish to watch NowTV on your laptop screen, then you need to watch via the nowtv website using their nowtv player software which you need to download.

Or if you have a Windows 10 machine you can download the NowTV App from the Windows Microsoft Store.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

Any HDMI port on a laptop, PC, or Mac, is usually an HDMI output and that’s why it won’t work.

I can see no reason why a NowTV Stick wouldn’t work on one of these if it had an HDMI input though, as iMacs used to have. But not my 2015 one, alas.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.