cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hotel WiFi login problems

Hi, bit of a muddle. Have a now tv stick and want to watch movies on a hotel WiFi. The hotel WiFi is premium and I’m able to watch iPlayer and YouTube okay without buffering whilst connected to the premium WiFi. Problem is when I open now tv App and try to login; get a red drop down stating oops, something went wrong. We couldn’t log you in right now. Try again later. 

If I use my mobile as a WiFi hotspot and use the 4g data there is no problem and I can log in just fine and stream now TV movies (although don’t want to given phone data plan). 

Ive tried resetting connection and re-booting but to no affect. Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could be the hotel blocking it.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Could be the hotel blocking it.

As @Anonymous User has said @Anonymous User Your hotel seem to be blocking it. Due to them needing a log in and no browser. I believe there is a setting within Network settings for logging into hotel networks though.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, bit of a muddle. Have a now tv stick and want to watch movies on a hotel WiFi. The hotel WiFi is premium and I’m able to watch iPlayer and YouTube okay without buffering whilst connected to the premium WiFi. Problem is when I open now tv App and try to login; get a red drop down stating oops, something went wrong. We couldn’t log you in right now. Try again later. 

If I use my mobile as a WiFi hotspot and use the 4g data there is no problem and I can log in just fine and stream now TV movies (although don’t want to given phone data plan). 

Ive tried resetting connection and re-booting but to no affect. Help!

https://help.nowtv.com/article/use-now-tv-device-in-hotel-or-student-accommodation Check this out @Anonymous User