cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Transfer pass from pre-loaded NowTv Box

I've just bought a NowTV box that comes with 4 passes. 
I have not yet switched on but it seems the passes are preloaded onto the box rather than paper codes that are redeemed (which used to be the case).
(Apparently this is because Now have gone paperless - yet they include paper in the box explaining how to activate?!)

I already have active passes, do not wish to 'stack' and have no use for and do not want 3 of the passes. I was buying as a hardware upgrade. 
I had intended to let my sister, who isnt a NowTV customer, use the Kids pass which is clearly a good way for Now to gain new customers 

Q. Can I select which passes I wish to activate to my account and have the others used on another account? If not I will return for a refund. 

I'd suggest Now revert to paper codes, else change the wording on the box from 'includes' to 'preloaded with

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

In your particular case senerio, then the old paper scratch cards with the codes on them in the box would have been ideal.

There was a few 4K smart boxes out there in circulation that had the bundled paper scratch cards in the box until nowtv changed their policy and are now going down the electronic pre loaded route.

When i asked nowtv the reason for the change, they told me it was to make life simpler for customers to setup and activate their new device rather than a green policy.

Does your Sister live close to where you live, where the only thing i could suggest is to let your Sister temporary use the box to create a new nowtv account to take advantage of the 4 unwanted nowtv passes, then once the passes have been redeemed on her account, factory reset the box and hand the box back over to you for you to use.

Alternatively (not sure if this will work when transfering the voucher codes to somebody else's account and would be at your own risk if you want to try it) is to set up the new box on your account, then go to the My Account > Passes & Vouchers section, then go to the page of the saved passes and instead of redeeming the four vouchers, if you right click and copy the link of the voucher and paste it then towards the end of the url link is a nowtv voucher code which starts with NOW**********.

Then see if that code works on your Sisters new created nowtv account by manually applying the code under your sisters My Account > Passes & Vouchers section.

Or like you said return the box back for a refund. 

Also, i agree that the current wording on the box saying " Redeem during setup" should be worded much better and more prominent on the box outer packing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks for the reply - and nice suggestion regarding the links, which I may try, but think the simplest solution at the moment is to 'loan' my sister the box, let her set it up and use the passes (I have my own already) then when they expire get the device back and set my account up on it (please tell me that's straightforward). I'm sure I can manage for a month? But thats hardly the point is it?

It's a system designed (poorly) for new customer with no thought for the existing customer.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With the four passes pre loaded on the box, you have 12 months to redeem them, so you don't have to use them straight away.

If your Sister is only after the one month kids pass off the 4K smart box, then perhaps try the copy & paste and extract the NowTV code off the end of the url from when setting the box up on your account (never tried it myself, so not sure it will work) ?

Should be straight forward if you rather loan the box to your Sister first, them let her setup her own new nowtv account using the box, then once your sister has the redeemed the vouchers saved on her account, then get her to factory reset the box and then once you recieved the box back re activate the box in your existing account name.