cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide Disappeared!!

Hi,

I am new to Now TV having purchased a smart box earlier this week. All was great, really impressed however this morning have gone to watch the freeview channels and find that on the main first screen, the TV Guide option along with "Home" and "Best of Catchup" have all disappeared?!? Only giving me the "My Apps", "App Store" and "Settings" options. Have tried to reset and turn it on and off again but no luck!

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty box?

Help!

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worked for me thanks for the advice I found looking at your forum 😁😁😁😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just had the same thing happen when i turned on this morning. Followed your instructions to force a software update and now my home page has appeared and live tv is working.

Useful tip 

Thanks

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Not seen any reports of that issue before. Try a forced software update to see if it helps.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly

Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press home to go back to the start and try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This actually did work for me but press home first then home 5 times ff 3 and rw 2 and then update worked first time thank you 🙂

Victor368
Advocate

That worked for me. Tv guide now returned!! Thank you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wouldn't have a clue how to do that. The screen just went to that menu after trying to tune Freeview channels.
I did a factory reset, now everything is fine.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

I have exactly the same problem, the TV guide just dissapeared...

Can it be fixed or will I have to return it?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The original poster didn't reply to say if the problem was sorted or not, but if you also try a hard reset of the box and if it doesn't help, post back - with the box powered up insert a pin or bent paper clip into the reset hole at the rear and hold in until you see the box reset. You will need to re-enter your wifi and NOW TV account details afterwards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you so much for your help, that worked and the TV guide is back!

Endre
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the stick what can i insert into that for my tv guide to reappear?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Again sorry but can anyone assist in gaining freeview channels on the TV Guide section?

Just bought the NOWTV smart stick and there is no freeview channels available