cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound Cuts Out on Freeview Channels

Need some help had my smart box with freeview since July but does anyone know why only 5STAR sound cuts out
13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Does the sound issue also happen on 5 Star + 1 ?

I don't watch 5 Star on my smart box, but i have checked it out for the last 15 mins and my smart box seems to be fine.

What sort of time intervals does the sound cut out, is it intermittent or permanent ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When using channel as long as few hours it cuts sound out and same to 5STAR+1 and I’m using outdoor aerial
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

So it's only happening when watching 5 Star or plus 1 whilst watching the channel over long periods, where watching the channel for shorter periods is not effected ?

What sort of time period are we looking at before the sound cuts out ?

When watching other Freeview channels for long periods of time the sound is not effected ?

If it was effecting all channels over longer periods then i would say at a guess it may be something like the box was possibly overheating.

Is your smart box plugged directly into your TV or are you using a sound bar or AV Receiver ?

Note sure what to suggest apart from the basics, such has try a rescan the TV channels on the box, play around with the sound settings on your box /TV, check for software updates or maybe factory reset the box (however not sure if this will fix your sound problem, but no harm in trying).

Hopefully other helpful forum members on here will come up with some more suggestions.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m using HDMI to tv and if channel left on say between 4pm - 6pm then sound cut out but will check it over weekend how my kids will watch according to jim at weekends or a film
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
Just update you didn’t have problems with sound cutting out on 5STAR after I did factory reset , changed hdmi cable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
I’m still having issues with my Now TV smart box how only 5STAR channel sound cuts out and have inbox Tony-D but no further replies, can’t take box back to Argos due to it being clearance sale at time when box was bought in July
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
... can’t take box back to Argos due to it being clearance sale at time when box was bought in July

Unless stated otherwise on your purchase receipt your product should have a statutory 1 year warranty @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital
They won’t change it how lost receipt
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Your debit/credit card statements might include info about the actual product you purchased and when...

Sufficed to say, under the UK 'Sales of Goods Act' your product warranty is with the vendor (ie: Argos), not the product manufacturer (ie: NOW TV).

Cheers