cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box will no longer select TV's HDMI input source automatically

My box has stopped selecting the HDMO input source auomatically on my Samsung TV

I used to be able to have both the box and TV in standby, and pressing any key the the Now TV remote, the TVand Box would both power on, and the box would select the HDMI Source automatically.

Yesterday - this all stopped ! The HDMI source is no longer being selected automatically.

I can have both the Now TV box and TV in stanby, but now, pressing any key on the Now TV remote the TV and Box would both power on - but the HDMI source is not being selected automatically.

TV setting have not changed - checking teh Now TV box, there was an update applied - this must be the cause.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

It sounds to me that where the previous firmware 7.7.3 effected a few TV owners (including myself see link thread below) with the Incorrect automatic switching of the HDMI port on start up by pressing any key on the smart box RC, where the latest firmware 8.0.3 has now seemed to have fixed this issue for me.

Where it looks now that latest firmware 8.0.3 is effecting different TV brands / models reading your post Smiley Mad

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/LATEST-SOFTWARE-UPDATE-PROBLEMS/td-p/454923

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After almost a week with the box unable to select its HDMI source, it is now able to (as it used to do prior 29 March)

No update to the box has been received or any of the settings changed on the box (or TV) from what I can see on the box (last update 28 March)