cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any Plans for 4k HDR Now Smart TV Box.

Hi All,

Just finished a Netflix trial, Not very good.

No plans to subscribe.

The 1st reason is, unable to Zoom to full screen on any 21x16 movies.

I have a 65" ULCD and 200mm of black bands top and bottom are very

off putting on my curved 3D ULCD.

When the screen has a full picture you don't notice the curve, but with the

Black bands Top and bottom it draws your eyes to the curve.

Its not that I dont like the Curved sreen, I do, and in full sunlight, No Reflctions at all.

With the now Smart tv Box I can zoom All Formats to full screen on 65" ULCD. Mint.

My post is to find out if there is a 4K Now tv Box in the pipeline.

The Netflix 4k content (2160p) was OK, but not the you would know if you didn't

know it was 4K.

May be because it was only in 4K I was receiving, the HDR on my ULCD was grayed out.

Thanks BF.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User having Netflix as well as this myself, I do like some of their original series. However I don't see it as a replacement. Nothing so far on a 4k box. Obviously they need to see if there is a viable audience. I suspect that they are more likely to improve smart TV apps in the short term. Of course Now quality can never be as good as Sky especially for Sky Cinema as it would discourage customers getting Sky Cinema from Sky. That being said when they do bring out new devices they usually run trials. So keep a watch out on here.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User having Netflix as well as this myself, I do like some of their original series. However I don't see it as a replacement. Nothing so far on a 4k box. Obviously they need to see if there is a viable audience. I suspect that they are more likely to improve smart TV apps in the short term. Of course Now quality can never be as good as Sky especially for Sky Cinema as it would discourage customers getting Sky Cinema from Sky. That being said when they do bring out new devices they usually run trials. So keep a watch out on here.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.