cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switchover from Sky went smoothly :D

Woke up this morning and logged in into my account to check if I could install the kit and I was good to go. Probably because the equipment is the same, the sky router carried on working even if I was switched over but I just installed the NowTV branded now just in case. Phone was transferred without a glitch ( I'm paranoid and though I would lose the phone number or some kind of horror stories like that lol ).

I guess the first bill will be viewable by tomorrow and first payment later on this evening ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, you may notice fluctuations for the first 10 days and then it should settle at the best stable speed for your line.

Not sure regarding upgrading fibre, if you are on the no-contract then you can change/cancel mid-month but not sure what options they will give you for the 12-month contract option. I'm guessing they would be happy for you to upgrade but downgrading back again may be a different matter.

I'd suggest seeing how you get on for the first month then if you feel you would benefit from faster fibre ring them up on the number on your My Account> My Passes page 

http://account.nowtv.com/passes

and they can talk you through your options.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

@Anonymous User is correct about fibre - it starts off at max speed but may adjust downward as necessary over the first 2 days afterwards.
BicBasher
Elite

The Sky to NOW TV switchover surely must be the easiest switchover to do as you're basically still using Sky Broadband badged as NOW TV.

Was the OP out of contract or did Sky allow you to move without paying off the rest of the contract?

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Out of contract my latest bill with Sky is showing a few credits and from next month only a charge of £22.50 is showing for the skybox with smallest package which I will eventually cancel once I get an extra nowtv box for the downstairs set up.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How long did the switchover take to complete? And did you have any time where you were without broadband, between the end of the Sky service and the start of the NOW TV service?

i'm considering making the same move so I'm interested in how the experience was for you. Sounds like it was positive overall.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you do decide to switch, make sure you don't cancel the broadband service with Sky, instead let NOW TV handle the switch on your behalf - they will negotiate with Sky on the handover to make sure you are not left without broadband for any period. However if you also have Sky TV you will need to contact Sky to cancel that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was seem less and the sky router was actually connected to the nowtv bb so until I looked Online I wasn't aware the switchover happened.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No bill issued yet, switchover date was last Friday if I don't see a bill by tomorrow I think I need to ring them !?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no bill ! What should I do ? Leave it or give them a ring ?

Leave it. As you still have Sky TV, your bill will be adjusted at the next usual monthly billing date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But I'd like to be charged too lol and make sure it's the expected amount 😉